Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

EIBACH LOWERING OPINION NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 12:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default EIBACH LOWERING OPINION NEEDED

The next direction I go with my car is lowering and changing the rotors and painting the calipers. I will get the eibach springs kit but what does eveybody think If I just lower the front to give it a different look?

Also it improves cornering alot by doing this.

Will it look good just lowering the front. Please post your thoughts...

Old 04-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Default RE: EIBACH LOWERING OPINION NEEDED

The Eibach springs look very nice and affordable, but I don't see much of a difference looking at monte's that have them. Intrax has some springs that bring the car a little lower, however I haven't heard many reviews on those springs.

Just lowering the front of your car might look a little strange if you keep the back up, but I could be wrong.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:30 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i don't know about just hte front... most people change the springs with the struts, that provdies the absolute best results. however, these monte's site low anyway (atleast my 6th gen does), so lowering it might not be good for your front bumper. my car's plastic air catcher rubs alot of stuff as it is... it might actually rub the bumper if i lower it.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

i don't know about just hte front... most people change the springs with the struts, that provdies the absolute best results. however, these monte's site low anyway (atleast my 6th gen does), so lowering it might not be good for your front bumper. my car's plastic air catcher rubs alot of stuff as it is... it might actually rub the bumper if i lower it.
I'm kinda missing quite a bit of paint from the underside of my bumper...

I want to go with the Eibach's as well, hopefully this summer goes well so that I can. I like the lower front end stance on older cars, but I like it looks a little screwy on our FWDs. Either way I'd love to see some pictures once you get them on to help push me towards getting a set.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:45 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i got some paint missing from under mine too... some was missing when i got there, some has been tooken off by me.

in my town ,the minimum ground clearnace is about 12". we have a lot of diagonal parking. the curb/sidewalk is VERY uneven. there are places around here that i could hit my bumper on the curb if not careful. it is hard to diagonal park becasue it's hard to tell exactly where the curb is.. i don't want ot pull in so far i tear up my bumper but i don't leave the rear bumper out too far as to get hit by another car....

Old 04-14-2008, 07:56 PM

you used to see this all the time with the older rear wheel drive cars.
the big fat tires under the rear and the skinny ones up front. but not sure how it would look on a new model.

But it is easy to figure out. do the frotn first and when your done look at it and see if ya liek the way it looks if so then dont worry about the rear if not do the rear and level it back out.

or if you do photo shop at all take a photo of the car on a hill with about the rake you want. then one of the car on level ground. put the one over the other and do the work to mek them match up etc.... then you should be abel to see wha tit looks like kind of.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:03 AM

I have the eibach springs on my 02. What I've noticed is the front sits slightly higher than the rear with them. You might look into using the 2" lower springs in the front and 1 1/2" springs in the rear if thats what your looking for. As far as scraping, it does scrape the plastic air dam regularly, but I've very seldom scraped the bumper.I am careful and try to hitthings such as speed bumps, inclines, etc at an angle to keep from scraping.

It does lower it noticably, especially when you are next to a stock MC. I've had several MC owners make comments about it, all positive. At first they can't seem to place what's different, but when I tell them it's lowered, they see it and love it.

As far as handling, I've added SLP sway bars, KYB struts, and 255-45 z rated Fuzion tires (which I absolutely HATE and don't recommend them to anyone because they sound like mudgrips going down the road) so the handling is awesome.

I've also added crossdrilled rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, and stainless steel brake lines with painted calipers. The braking is super.

Sounds like you are going in thedirection I went with my car. I can say I'm pretty happy with it and get lots of comments. You can see pics of it in my profile.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:15 PM

awesome info fromall thank you, All of your rides look sweet.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:57 PM

a little late but I just put the Eibach pro kit and KYB AGX struts in my 04, sit great and rides nice
a little stiff but not pounding like those rice rockets, handles much better, the rear actually follows the front of the car now

Old 08-15-2008, 09:15 PM

great feedback all! Hey Montes can you take a side view pic and show us how it looks with the lowering.

Quick Reply: EIBACH LOWERING OPINION NEEDED