Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Dubstepticon's Wheel/Tire/Brake Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 11:02 PM

I have Versa tires on my Monte and they ride pretty well wet/dry, put 300-360 miles a week on them 95% Highway for the past 1 1/2 yrs.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:00 AM

DubStep'in `Tyler's HomeWork assignment 4 the Day

Buying Tires

Get tips on how and where to buy the best tires:Wheels

The latest info on where to get the coolest wheels around:Autoblog Tire News

Read up on these popular tire brands: There will be a test later...Good Luck

Old 07-21-2012, 05:04 PM

Hi DubStep'in `Tyler,
I humbly suggest that you post your tire/rim/brake estimated budget that you can invest ? I'm bump'in your thread to hopefully get attention from member's that can advise on the best tires for your $'s..

1. Are you going to repair your 19 inch rim's ? If not, do you plan on getting new ones ?
2. If you are keeping your 19 inch rims & getting them repaired, do you want the sizes you listed on page one ?
3. Member's have already posted on brake pads etc.
p.s. It's great that your dad is going to help...Tire's & Brake are one of the best investments you can make on your Monte..

* The larger the Rim & tire, the higher the cost 4-Sure..
The Web has many online Tire companies, so I hope that you take the time to do your homework & research the seller's.
Good Luck from `Space

Old 07-22-2012, 05:13 AM

Discount Tire, Custom Wheels, Truck & Car Rims | Discount Tire

Discount Tire stores have the tires and wheels/rims you'll need & also for a Dubstepticon Chevy Monte Carlo & for all the terrain you'll encounter. From tires for the highway to tires for rugged terrain, Discount has it all ...

Last edited by Space; 07-22-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:38 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lol Discount Tire has all your needs for a "Dubstepticon Monte Carlo." I clearly have the rarest edition ever! I think my brake problem is solved due to our member's suggestions. I'm gonna look into wheels right now. Still not sure about tires.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:38 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Update

I plan on going with one of these Ultra High Performance All-Season tires. Any thoughts on them? I'm not sure if I should go down to 18s, stick with 19s, or move up to 20s. Could someone tell me the matching sizes for the tire for either the 18s or 20s?

Cooper Zeon RS3-A
or
Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season

Old 08-06-2012, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
I plan on going with one of these Ultra High Performance All-Season tires. Any thoughts on them? I'm not sure if I should go down to 18s, stick with 19s, or move up to 20s. Could someone tell me the matching sizes for the tire for either the 18s or 20s?

Cooper Zeon RS3-A
or
The coopers I've had before and are terrible in rain. I know I say this in every thread where people are looking for tires but I'll say it again. If you want a long lasting pretty quiete smooth tire go with Michelin Hydroedge, I have them they're rated for 90,000 miles and are suppose to be an all season tire. I will never know with snow though since the car will be stored in winters but in rain and dry weather they're amazing, if you have to money to spend. I was orginally looking at hankook ventus but my mechanic told me you get what you pay for don't go cheap on tires. There are probably some good cheap tires out there but I'm really picky when it comes to them. As for rims either discounttire.com or tirerack.com

Old 08-06-2012, 08:20 PM

Forgot to add, the larger size rim you have the more it robs HP I stayed with 17s because with tires they fill the wells perfectly IMO and they were the size that came on the car.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon

Cooper Zeon RS3-A
or
I have the Pirelli on my Monte, they work well in the rain, didn't have before the snow melted and can't review that. I would put them on my car depending on price, if the Michelin are close I would go that route.

Good luck with picking a good looking combo.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:35 PM

I just bought the Nitto 555 Extreme Performance and they had great reviews on discount tire direct compared to others. I bought 18 inch wheels...so far so good. I like the tread pattern.

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Dubstepticon's Wheel/Tire/Brake Project