Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

can you lower with 22s?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 04:39 PM

ive never understood why people think cars with a little bigger than usual rims is a waste of the car.....

i can take off the rims... and remove the spring lifters... and sell u the car and you would never know it had 2's on it....

i still get great acceleration, gas mileage, better traction than before.... the only noticable difference is when u hit a bump in the road... but i avoid those

Old 05-26-2010, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by STL_CHeVY_RiDeR
ive never understood why people think cars with a little bigger than usual rims is a waste of the car.....

i can take off the rims... and remove the spring lifters... and sell u the car and you would never know it had 2's on it....

i still get great acceleration, gas mileage, better traction than before.... the only noticable difference is when u hit a bump in the road... but i avoid those

i agree. IMO small wheels look timid on cars. dont get me wrong 22's is the max for me for any car, 24s 26s etc look dumb and doesnt fit smaller cars, but look nice on trucks.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by STL_CHeVY_RiDeR

just my opinion, where your from you may have the hottest Monte around, you may think its a waste of money for me to put 17's or 18's on ours, just my style I like having enough side wall to handle good but still have good ride quality. I didnt intend to sound like an a$$

Old 05-27-2010, 07:04 PM

coilovers are almost 1400 bucks sshhh! i just hope i dont have to roll the fenders!
Go on clubgp and search for DIY coilovers- they're not that terrible to make, and much cheaper than the ones currently offered. Obviously they'll never be as cheap as springs.

lol at not wanting to roll the fenders- you're talking about wanting to a lower a car going +6 on the rim size from stock- obviously its gonna take some work. I'm sure if you really wanted to, you could get it to tuck at least a little of the tire with enough modification and proper wheel size/spacing.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
go 18s and call it a day =p.. someone will chime in soon, im sure you can but there might be some rubbing
you mean go 20's and call it a day.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:59 PM

here is Slo-Ridez ltz on 20's with stock suspension

here is our car again tucking 20's

we had to fabricate a little bit but nothing a couple hours in the garage a case of beer and a couple good friends couldn't do on a saturday night....

Old 06-13-2010, 05:04 PM

and the suspension setup that we mocked up are coil overs with adjusters ending cost $150.00

Old 06-14-2010, 01:07 PM

wow! that looks so sick tucking 20's. ive been looking at 20's for mine, but i dont want to go back to stock or higher, suspension wise. what consisted of the kit you made?

Old 07-03-2010, 12:52 AM

i like it....looks sick!

Old 07-19-2010, 02:35 AM

I give SSC springs a A++++++, very nice ride smooth and not harsh and bumpy. They tuck my 22s just right. No regrets!

Quick Reply: can you lower with 22s?