Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

buying tires over the internet

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 11:40 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to have to replace my tires before summer comes along, so it's nice to have another option besides buying them from a local tire shop.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I bought my wheels on ebay and my tires from a website I just stumbled across. Read lots of reviews about the online store before placing my order, but they had a price I couldn't beat. I wish I remember the store. I can try to find it if you're interested.

Edit: Found the site. http://www.tires-easy.com/

Old 05-02-2011, 07:23 PM

I bought tires from tirerack years ago and they were the cheapest place at the time and the tires arrived quickly. I had Walmart mount and balance them. Even though I have not used them for years, I wouldn't hesitate buying from them again.

Wayne

Old 05-06-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
I bought my wheels on ebay and my tires from a website I just stumbled across. Read lots of reviews about the online store before placing my order, but they had a price I couldn't beat. I wish I remember the store. I can try to find it if you're interested.

Edit: Found the site. tires online @ tires-easy.com: tire dealer for cheap passenger, summer, winter tires
Thanks for the link. I checked out that site today, but they've only got 2 places for installation in my area.

When you buy from either TireRack or tires-easy, do they ship the tires to your home or directly to where you'll have them installed?

The prices for the tires themselves are good on these online sites, but when you add in the cost of shipping the tires, plus the cost of mounting, balancing, etc. you don't really seem to be saving much vs. just buying from a local tire shop.... at least that's how it seems to me with the research I've done so far.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:59 PM

I've bought my last 2 sets of tires from tire rack.

They can ship to your home, or to one of the installers in your area.

I had mine shipped to me both times. And had the first ones mounted and balanced at the local Saturn dealer for about 15 per tire, and that included disposal of the old ones. Came out about 100 ahead for that particular model of tire compared to the local lube and tire places.

The second set were shipped to the home as well, and I had a local mechanich install them. Didn't save as much, but still about $50.

Call your area mechanics and see who has the best prices on install and disposal.