Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Is this brake and rotors set any good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 08:51 AM

I've been running these for awhile on both my Monte and my Regal (uses Monte size brakes, I upgraded):
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-DSEP-55034R/

I like them so far...the price was definitely right. I honestly don't know if they're made in the USA or China, I assumed USA since they're marketed as a Summit Racing brand.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:44 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We need carbon ceramic mabye we can pull some off a ZR1

Old 12-22-2009, 03:11 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Thanks

For all the opinion and reply's. I'm not buying yet, just looking into it. This is the stuff i needed to know. Thanks!

Old 12-22-2009, 09:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have the Brake Motive rotors, and the Power Stop Ceramic pads the set up came with sitting in my attic right now waiting for my brakes to wear out. They appear to be great quality rotors. (I can't tell you how they actually work yet, because obviously I have not tried them yet). I just don't see how you can beat the price, even if they don't last as long as some others, if I get pretty decent wear out of them once I put them on, i'd buy them again.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:27 PM

I've purchased a set of cross drilled rotors from them a while back, fast shipping, cheap Chinese rotors, but they work well for the price. I don't like slotted rotors, they tend to act like a razor across the pad face and wears them out faster (my opinion). Cross drilled rotors come as factory equip. on the ZR1, Porsche, Lambo etc. so there has to be something good to say for them

Old 01-30-2010, 02:35 PM

I E-mailed BrakeMotive about the country of origin for the rotors and this is the answer received:

Hi, the rotor castings come from either Brazil or
China. The foundries are ISO9000 certified and the
metallurgy conforms to G3000 iron specifications.
There are no more US foundries or US manufacturing
for aftermarket rotors, e.g. Raybestos, Wagner,
etc. We use the same foundries as Brembo. The
rotors are machined to OE dimensions for easy
bolt-on installation. Power Stop machines the
rotors in Chicago. More information can be found
at www.powerstop.com. We appreciate your order.

- brakemotive76 Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.

I don't use my MC that much, < 12K miles per year, no hard driving. I will probably order them and worse comes to worse, I can put the stock rotors back on.

BTW, what color should I paint the calipers on a black MC?

After you have had a chance to enjoy Power Stop
brake performance, please give us your 5 star
feedback rating.
Thanks Rick

Last edited by Joe Thomas; 01-30-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:47 PM

I am the owner of MovIt Brakes USA. I will give my 20+ years brake experience here. Our FRONT brake kits for the W-Body cost approx $4K. The Carbon ceramic rotors someone mentioned cost $12.5K for the front only.

That said I bought and installed the W-Body store’s GXP set up using the Raybesto’s rotors. This is the BEST set-up for this vehicle hands down. Good size diameter with exceptional thickness. They can handle spirited driving and occasional track use without fade and the thickness offers the long time durability. The rotors are made in the USA and having experience with this line of Raybesto’s I can assure you the steel they are using is of a good to excellent quality. In English, this means this set-up will probably last 100,000 miles on a well driven W-Body.

For the investment I made from the word go, which is twice that a stock replacement set-up would be, and get 2-3 times the durability and performance. Its either pay for it up front and use it like you stole it OR pay for it over the long run and baby the system till the next time you have to replace and pay for everything again. Since I drive it like I stole it, well you get the picture.

Last edited by SSmokybear; 01-30-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SSmokybear
I am the owner of MovIt Brakes USA. I will give my 20+ years brake experience here. Our FRONT brake kits for the W-Body cost approx $4K. The Carbon ceramic rotors someone mentioned cost $12.5K for the front only.

That said I bought and installed the W-Body store’s GXP set up using the Raybesto’s rotors. This is the BEST set-up for this vehicle hands down. Good size diameter with exceptional thickness. They can handle spirited driving and occasional track use without fade and the thickness offers the long time durability. The rotors are made in the USA and having experience with this line of Raybesto’s I can assure you the steel they are using is of a good to excellent quality. In English, this means this set-up will probably last 100,000 miles on a well driven W-Body.

For the investment I made from the word go, which is twice that a stock replacement set-up would be, and get 2-3 times the durability and performance. Its either pay for it up front and use it like you stole it OR pay for it over the long run and baby the system till the next time you have to replace and pay for everything again. Since I drive it like I stole it, well you get the picture.

so, exactly what are you trying to say? or are you just trying to promote your company? is there a brake set you offer for a decent price? really dude, what do you have to offer here! are you saying 4k-12k for brakes????

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 01-30-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
so, exactly are you trying to say? or are you just trying to promote your company? is there a brake set you offer for a decent price? really dude, what do you have to offer here! are you saying 4k-12k for brakes????
Chris:

Second Paragraph...

I believe what i said was for this vehicle is, in my professional opinion, to buy the kit the W-Body Store sells... THE GXP set-up. Not a MovIt set-up. Not needed for this vehicle. So NO I am not promoting my product here. Just establishing my experience in the brake industry and telling you of the decision I made when spending my personal money.

Last edited by SSmokybear; 01-30-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ok, is there anything that you have to offer in the price range that most members here would be interested in? let us know and you would get a ton more business! I'm not looking to spend a ton of money for a decent brake set! I've checked your site and it doesn't really offer any particulars on specific vehicle applications? please let us know what you have to offer. thank you very much

Chris

Quick Reply: Is this brake and rotors set any good?