Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Black Chrome Wheels

Old 02-24-2008, 06:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Black Chrome Wheels

I've all ready got blacked out "Intimidator" emblems, and the chrome emblem on the hood is gone. I've been thinking about having my 18" chrome Eagle alloys redone in black chrome. Then it'd be ALL black, except for the red bowtie on the front and the 3 SS emblems.
Questions are: does ANYBODY here have black chrome wheels, how do they look, you got pics, are they clear-coated, and are they durable?
I'm pretty sure this will be my next "outside" mod. probably next year, tho. Got engine and stereo upgrades 1st.
Here is a link to a company in CA that does this:
http://www.calchrome.com/service_smo...l.php#examples
Here is an example of their work:

Opinions?

Old 02-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Default RE: Black Chrome Wheels

[align=center]Good Morning `Wayne,[/align][align=center]I hope that life is getting better for you, and that[/align][align=center]the past troubles are over, and that your wife is feeling better.[/align][align=center]I love the look of[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]But it seems ExPensive : ( $225 to do each of your Wheels ?[/align][align=center]I must be old school, and still like Chrome, or polished Alum.[/align][align=center]I sure hope your Monte gets out of the AutoHospital in top shape,[/align][align=center]and that the AutoDoctors did excellent work.[/align][align=center]Wish you & wife great `journey's.[/align][align=center]Also, I can't wait to see/hear more infor on your GXP.(Lucy)[/align][align=center]Oh, + Pic's : )[/align][align=center]Wish you a `HappyDay/Life,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 02-24-2008, 07:00 AM

Tough call, Wayne. I really like the black chrome, but I think the wheels you have now are pretty sharp, too.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:18 AM

Thanks for the uplifting thought, Space. Been a rough week. Sister guardianship problems, protective services, AFC issues, and just plain family ugliness. The wife is feeling better, and I can pick up the Intimidator SS tomarrow. Thanks.
As for the wheels, I'm thinking of having my Eagle Alloy 077's black chromed. I REALLY like this black chrome, always have.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:49 AM

[align=center]Hi Wayne,[/align][align=center]I know that you have been tested lately with many problems,[/align][align=center]but from your past posts, I know that you believe.[/align][align=center]Keep the faith.`amen[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]______________________________________________[/align]

Old 02-25-2008, 10:04 AM

I like the Black Chrome Wayne, I really do. If you have extra cash, hell yes, I'd do it. =)

Old 02-28-2008, 08:50 PM

EXTRA CASH? WHAT'S THAT? I'm putting in a concealed radar detector/jammer in the Solstice GXP (Lucy) Saturday. $1,400! What wheels? Actually just thinking ahead. These posts about "murderoing out" a car got me looking at dark wheels again. I just don't like the painted ones. Maybe later this year or next year. I think they would look great on Lucy, also! Factory wheels done in black chrome. Maybe someone can photoshop these pic's with the black chrome color from the top post, please?

Old 03-04-2008, 06:03 PM

i know of aCTS with black chrome wheels on it...at night they just look black, and in the sun they just look dirty all of the time like brake dust or something... they are just not my personal prefernece... i like the wheels you have on it

Old 03-04-2008, 08:27 PM

RocknSS04's photo gallery
ORIGINAL: black04monteSS
i know of aCTS with black chrome wheels on it...at night they just look black, and in the sun they just look dirty all of the time like brake dust or something... they are just not my personal prefernece... i like the wheels you have on it
WOW! Thanks for the input.