Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

bad suspension ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Default bad suspension ?

love my monte , but it has been handling very rough and bouncy , kinda sways side to side a little bit , i just put new rear coils and struts as long as new mounts , probably about 3-4 months ago .. also i keep hearing a rattling noise from the trunk near the the strut mount area , i noticed a little rust and the wheel well could possibly have alot of wear around the area , .. almost feels like the coils and struts were never changed , although its not vertically bouncy as it was , i have new struts in the front too , replaced about a year ago with new mounts , i had some problems finding struts that would fit in the tubes so i had to order oem , and installed the new mounts on toip of the old struts .. probably drove around for a month or two while waiting on the correct struts , im sure there could of been some damage to the new struts , thats the risk i took , so now i hear the strut rattling around , should i replace the mounts agian ? and with new struts all around and coils in the rear , why is my ride still rough instead of cousiony ? any input would be greatly appriciated .. :/
i love my monte , just tired of the bumby ride .. i fell darn near every bump in the road on the right front wheel and in the back