Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

7th gen suspention feels like some thing wrong

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 06:35 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 7th gen suspention feels like some thing wrong

well going down the high way it feels like i am wabiling all the way down it. the tires are balenced and the allienment has been done well i would like to put on a better suspention on it like the kyb's or some thing like those i dont want to get some ok ones because if i am going to replace them get some thing good for it. just looking for some help thats all i know the suspention i have is called is fe2 i am looking for some thing better

Old 11-09-2011, 06:49 PM
15 Year Member

i forgot to mention is can i get the same type of struts as the 6th gen w-body and springs just wandering. as well i am looking for a kyb and eiback set up for it like i put on my mustang i put kyb shocks and eiback springs on it. but sorta lost the information where i can get anouther set of springs for my monte as well as new struts i dont like how it feels kinda loose and dont really like it.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:23 PM

Make sure your tie rods aren't shot and it could be a balancing issue. Biggest problem I see here is lack of punctuation. Not trying to be rude or anything but...wow.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:17 AM
15 Year Member

sorry i always been a pain on that with typing. all four tie rods have been replaced and just put on new tieres three days ago. pluse an allienment has been done also i have checked the ballence this morning there wasent a need for a ballence since new tires. plus a dipping feeling plus a sway when there is a heavy wind = suspention ie struts or other.all tie rods have been replaced as all of the bushings have been done when it was in the body shop last week. the ball joints were replaced as the controll arms were as well as the rear trailing arms as well as the rest. but i doubt that the shocks were replaced they said that there were fine. but going high way speed doesent seem to be feeling kinda safe. its the only vehicle i have that gets good mpg. i was asking if the kyb gr2 would work on my monte as well as asking if there is a site that sells springs as well. because i was planning on doing a sublte lower but not drastic. if i was going to be doing the struts why not do the springs as well?? what i mean about all four tie rods there is total of two outer and two inner all four has been replaced.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:43 PM

New tires need to be balanced. I'm thinking it could be an alignment issue. Might have to get it re-aligned again. I had to do this twice at a Firestone shop cause the alignment was off and also had to get new tires rebalanced cause it wobbled at high speeds. You can use KYB on the Monte. Those are the preferred replacement struts.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:41 PM
15 Year Member

well i was under my monte doing the oil change and making sure nothing was out of place and my suspision was corect the passenger side front strut is shot. it is leaking some thing out of it i thought it was a gas shock but i guess i am wrong. is there wiback springs or some type of other springs out there to lower about a inch. if i am going to replace the struts why not replace the springs and the bushings. while i am at replacing the struts.