Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

1 1/4" Spacers Rear

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Those look great back there. Now get the fronts, lower it and roll the fenders

Love that look. I'm in. 50$ not a bad price tag. The fronts. I'm leaving them alone. I dont think puting spacers on your drive axle/stearing axle is a great idea. As for the rears. I'v seen some small profile mud flaps that would help out. When I get to that point I believe that is what I will be doing. I'm also thinking of lowering the springs. I need to replace shocks and struts. So why not. As for rolling the fenders. Does anybody have pictures of the before and after. This too I was thinking of getting done.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Those look great back there. Now get the fronts, lower it and roll the fenders
Thanks...... What is fender rolling?...

Old 03-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
Thanks...... What is fender rolling?...
It's when you hammer the fender lip up into the wheel well..

Old 03-26-2012, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by zjerry
It's when you hammer the fender lip up into the wheel well..
Coooool.... Thanks,

Old 03-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Like the wider stance too. Have spacers on mine, never have performance problems. Are you saying you have installed spacers 1.25" thick? Mine were like about 3/8" or something like that.....I mean you would have had to already replaced the rear studs with super long ones...Maybe I'm not understanding things. What are tires your running? Sweet cornering for you now.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:48 AM

Looks great! My bullitt rims put the tires out farther than stock, and I love the look, reminds me of the dirt tracks I grew up going to and racing on.

I havn't been as brave to attempt rolling my fenders myself, just being careful with bumps..can it be done with a hammer alone and no worries about tweaking the outer body panel of the fender?

Old 03-27-2012, 02:46 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by DuSSt
Looks great! My bullitt rims put the tires out farther than stock, and I love the look, reminds me of the dirt tracks I grew up going to and racing on.

I havn't been as brave to attempt rolling my fenders myself, just being careful with bumps..can it be done with a hammer alone and no worries about tweaking the outer body panel of the fender?
Most people use a baseball bat and a lot of heat. If you are careful all you have to worry about is the paint cracking. Tweaking the panel isnt really an issue because you are just pushing against it, not hammering and denting it.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
I did contemplate getting new rims with the proper off-set, but I love the look of these stock rims too much...
The offset of the wheels I put on my Monte kicked the stance out a little, but not quite as far as those spacers did on yours. IMO anyone that is using spacers on a vehicle that's driven aggressively or used in competition is riding on luck. I've seen vehicles lose their wheel when the studs sheared off completely destroying the quarter panel. One car lost control and slammed into a wall injuring the driver. After a few accidents related to spacers the local track added them to their check list and considers them a safety hazard. If you have them on your car they will DQ you during inspection and you won't be allowed to run.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:33 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Yea I would advise against spacers at the strip, but for street use I see no issue.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
The offset of the wheels I put on my Monte kicked the stance out a little, but not quite as far as those spacers did on yours. IMO anyone that is using spacers on a vehicle that's driven aggressively or used in competition is riding on luck. I've seen vehicles lose their wheel when the studs sheared off completely destroying the quarter panel. One car lost control and slammed into a wall injuring the driver. After a few accidents related to spacers the local track added them to their check list and considers them a safety hazard. If you have them on your car they will DQ you during inspection and you won't be allowed to run.
Good to know... As much as I would love to put the car on the track, I never have and don't beleive I will... The actual 1 1/4" spacers in the rear have counter-sunk holes in the plate where the original studs and bolts attach to just like the rims would (7 to 9 turns I believe) & the outside of the plate has the original stud lengths that attach the rim (again, 7-9 turns)... I beleive this is a beefed up set-up (they are not made in China) and will be safe for dd... ... They look very close to this (w/ a 5 bolt pattern of coarse)...

Attached Thumbnails 1 1/4" Spacers Rear-wheel-spacer.jpg  

Last edited by Crusader SS; 03-27-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Quick Reply: 1 1/4" Spacers Rear