Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

1 1/4" Spacers Rear

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Looks Good
Thanks,

Old 03-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Looks good

but at the same time
IMHO I don't Know that I would do it now you will be throwing road crap from at your rear bumper more

Old 03-25-2012, 11:38 PM

I couldn't find a nice place to remove my front wheel studs so I went to the spot where it looks like they will come out and took a chisel and took a little out of that spot now I can get them out nice and easy......I stripped a couple with the new rim and had to replace.......also I love the stance check mine out mine already sit out that far with the offset and 9.5 rim width.....the only problem in watch putting to much wieght in the car cause I just hit my tire with to much wieght in there the other day but I also have 20s on mine tooo so anyway I wish I could figure this stuff out I would post a pic for you where I chiseled a little out......hope this helps.....don't you have all kinds of batteries in your trunk?????? Or am I thinking of some one else???

Old 03-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MONTE2000SS
I couldn't find a nice place to remove my front wheel studs so I went to the spot where it looks like they will come out and took a chisel and took a little out of that spot now I can get them out nice and easy......I stripped a couple with the new rim and had to replace.......also I love the stance check mine out mine already sit out that far with the offset and 9.5 rim width.....the only problem in watch putting to much wieght in the car cause I just hit my tire with to much wieght in there the other day but I also have 20s on mine tooo so anyway I wish I could figure this stuff out I would post a pic for you where I chiseled a little out......hope this helps.....don't you have all kinds of batteries in your trunk?????? Or am I thinking of some one else???
you took a chisel to what?! lol

OP, have you ever thought of putting the spacers up from and getting 1.5" for the back?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

I'm not a fan of using spacers, but the stance does look good. As Justin mentioned though you'll be seeing a lot more road debris on the side of your car...especially if the front are moved out as far as the rear. Removing studs isn't that difficult. Just heat the surrounding area with a hand held propane torch then put a drift on the end of the stud and whack it with a 5lb. sledge.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
you took a chisel to what?! lol

OP, have you ever thought of putting the spacers up from and getting 1.5" for the back?
1.5" spacers would definately put the wheels outside the fender wall, a little too far out for me, I think...

Old 03-26-2012, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I'm not a fan of using spacers, but the stance does look good. As Justin mentioned though you'll be seeing a lot more road debris on the side of your car...especially if the front are moved out as far as the rear. Removing studs isn't that difficult. Just heat the surrounding area with a hand held propane torch then put a drift on the end of the stud and whack it with a 5lb. sledge.
Thanks... I guess I will have a little more debris kicked up back there to clean... On the front I am only going to kick them out an extra 5/16", thanks again for the "how to"... I did contemplate getting new rims with the proper off-set, but I love the look of these stock rims too much...

Old 03-26-2012, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE2000SS
What did you chisel out?...... I've got a stock stereo set-up, no batteries, amps or speaker cases in the back... I'll be avoiding severe dips and bumps in the road like the plague though...

Old 03-26-2012, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
Looks good

but at the same time
IMHO I don't Know that I would do it now you will be throwing road crap from at your rear bumper more
Thanks...... I just hope I don't kick up many rocks or stones that can chip the paint...

Old 03-26-2012, 08:56 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Those look great back there. Now get the fronts, lower it and roll the fenders

Quick Reply: 1 1/4" Spacers Rear