Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

The new rims on the Red Devil

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good idea, you can always add.
Well I have a friend that knows a guy that does it. He said he would do it for cheap if he can use my car as advertisement. So that may be a good deal.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:40 AM

Those 17s? 18s? Lord they look small....They look nice but not my cup of tea...I even thought my old 20s looked small on this verson of the monte, the stocks look so much more bigger.

Imo if your going to do tint, usually the backs are what ever % you want, but the fronts need to be legal. If youll do tint, and dont really worry about the cops, get 20% on front, 15 middle back windows and 5% back. I have mine like this and when I open my sunroof, police can still see my face somewhat so its not dark. But when i close it, thats like my privacy window, you cant see anything far back, but up close you can somewhat, just like my steering wheel.

Imo if youll do calibers, do red or yellow. Red would be best though

Old 10-07-2013, 08:47 AM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by Hiroska
Those 17s? 18s? Lord they look small....They look nice but not my cup of tea...I even thought my old 20s looked small on this verson of the monte, the stocks look so much more bigger.

Imo if your going to do tint, usually the backs are what ever % you want, but the fronts need to be legal. If youll do tint, and dont really worry about the cops, get 20% on front, 15 middle back windows and 5% back. I have mine like this and when I open my sunroof, police can still see my face somewhat so its not dark. But when i close it, thats like my privacy window, you cant see anything far back, but up close you can somewhat, just like my steering wheel.

Imo if youll do calibers, do red or yellow. Red would be best though
18s. I was going to go bigger but I didn't need tires yet and didn't want to run into rubbing and all that. I mightlower it eeventually so the 18s gave me more options personally.

Thanks for the tint advice. I have no idea about it. Never tinted a car before.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:50 AM

yeah bro if you have a sunroof, when you open it it makes it so much lighter inside, if you want ill take pics to show you. But if you go up to 20s, you wont have rubbing issues, only 22s+ which, I wouldnt even go simply cause they cause too much problems with holes. 20s are big enough. And 18s are fine too, the ride is sexy compared to bigger rims .

Take a look here at the last post pics I posted

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ti...im-size-45111/ the white one was my old 06 LS, and the black one is my new 07 SS.

Last edited by Hiroska; 10-07-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Thumbs up Waiting 4 tinted windows > Look'in Good

Attached Thumbnails The new rims on the Red Devil-zach.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 10-07-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:19 AM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by Hiroska
yeah bro if you have a sunroof, when you open it it makes it so much lighter inside, if you want ill take pics to show you. But if you go up to 20s, you wont have rubbing issues, only 22s+ which, I wouldnt even go simply cause they cause too much problems with holes. 20s are big enough. And 18s are fine too, the ride is sexy compared to bigger rims .

Take a look here at the last post pics I posted

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ti...im-size-45111/ the white one was my old 06 LS, and the black one is my new 07 SS.
I will have to check it out for sure. Thanks

Originally Posted by Space

Thanks space for the new sig.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:22 AM

You're Welcome `Zach,
I just use a online free site called iPiccy & it has many limitations, but I just tried to detail your Monte to make it brighter...

I wish my old Corel Programed worked on my computer, but it doesn't. I hope to get another one in my future, but I hope a lot >

Your choice to use as a `Sig, but I'm sure that many or yourself could do better Keep us updated on your Mod's > Thanks

Old 10-07-2013, 12:24 PM

Those wheels look good.

I would like to see some shine on those tires to make the setup really pop.

You can do a light, legal window tint all the way around to pull the color combo together.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:53 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by SSilver
Those wheels look good.

I would like to see some shine on those tires to make the setup really pop.

You can do a light, legal window tint all the way around to pull the color combo together.
Thank you. I had tire dressing on them before Iwent but washed it knowing it would ccreate a mess for whoever did my tires. I will have to do another shoot sometime when I detail it before winter. And they managed to get my sidewalls dirty in the process... Pry from sitting on the shop floor.

We will see I will pry do a little lighter than most people would but idk I have to look at samples

Old 10-14-2013, 12:36 AM
RED DEVIL

well I got it all cleaned up for the first time with the new wheels..but ran out of daylight to really see what it looked like. this is all I have for now.

Quick Reply: The new rims on the Red Devil