Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

7th Gen ('06-'07): Monte Carlo LT 2006 Black

Old 11-18-2018, 07:23 PM
Default Monte Carlo LT 2006 Black

Have a 2006 Monte Carlo LT. Also used to have a 1976 and 1984 as well. All 3 were or are pretty to look at. Have a rust problem in rear quarter panels right now. There not visible because their covered with chrome wheel well mouldings. Its a shame, car has only 35,500 miles.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Where's the pictures? You're in the showcase section.

Also, yes unfortunately these cars have an issue with rust in the rear quarters in the wheel lip - majority seem to be on the passenger side. Your chrome moldings probably held even more moisture. Mine doesn't have anything and I still have a slight rust spot - only on the passenger side - and even with how well my car appears to have been maintained by the previous owner during its first four years and now myself. Thankfully it doesn't see winters anymore - hasn't for the past seven years. Can't see it unless you really get down and look for it.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-19-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS View Post
Where's the pictures? You're in the showcase section.

Also, yes unfortunately these cars have an issue with rust in the rear quarters in the wheel lip - majority seem to be on the passenger side. Your chrome moldings probably held even more moisture. Mine doesn't have anything and I still have a slight rust spot - only on the passenger side - and even with how well my car appears to have been maintained by the previous owner during its first four years and now myself. Thankfully it doesn't see winters anymore - hasn't for the past seven years. Can't see it unless you really get down and look for it.

06 Monte Carlo LT 35,500 miles

Back in garage after 5 years in the street in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn.

Brooklyn days. 1984 Monte Carlo. Picture taken in early 90s.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice, thanks for posting! Ya know, to be honest, I don't think I've ever seen an 06-07 non-SS in black in person. Most I see are silver, amber bronze metallic or blue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.