Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

Misc Build: Intimidator Fast Rides

Old 01-31-2015, 05:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Intimidator Fast Rides

The Intimidator Camaro: by Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet
I have posted the information on the 5<sup>th</sup> Generation Monte Carlo Intimidator Concept Car. That one was a General Motors Chevrolet Project and finally ended up with a production Automobile the Monte Carlo 6<sup>th</sup> Generation. The intimidator Monte Carlo was one of the Chevy offerings in 2002 and 2004, the production numbers were 3333.
Now we are going to review some of the Intimidators that were offered by Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet in Newton, NC . So what happened here is they ordered in Various Chevy cars Trucks and turned them into a signature Series Car, that was an exclusive offering of the Dealership.
This is very similar to what Nicky Chevrolet, Motion performance Chevrolet, and Yenko Chevrolet, did with the Central Office Production OrderCOPO Program back in the late 60’s-70’s with Chevelle’s and Camaro’s and Nova’s. Great idea and most of the sales were fueled by the wins that Dale Earnhardt did on the Track. Sometime in the late 1980’s Dale purchased the Dealership in Newton, NC. I think the very first Signature Series Chevys were made in the 1990’s and began with the Lumina Z/34 and Camaro Z/28. I have not been able to find any from the late 80’s the Aero-Coupe Monte and the IROC Camaro would have been great subjects but if they were made they are sitting in a garage someplace.

Attached Thumbnails Intimidator Fast Rides-black-camaro-dale-version-8-.jpg   Intimidator Fast Rides-black-camaro-dale-version-12-.jpg   Intimidator Fast Rides-black-intimidatorcamaro2011-2-.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 01-31-2015 at 05:03 PM. Reason: photo
Old 01-31-2015, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member

A few years back when they first released the latest Generation of the Camaro. I was asked to participate in a charity event at the local Chevy dealer and they got a new one in. They asked me to drove it in the local town festival "Parade" and so then after the parade the owner asked me to stop down at the local car show. Until then he said Enjoy It! ( WTF ) Anyway you really don't have to ask me twice. I can tell you for sure that the Chevrolet Camaro if one fast ride, truly a good choice for the Intimidator badge. The photo's show me behind the wheel and explaining the features of the new ride to some of the Car show visitors

Attached Thumbnails Intimidator Fast Rides-dale-pics5.jpg   Intimidator Fast Rides-dale-pics7.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 01-31-2015 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Photo
Old 01-31-2015, 07:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

To cool!
I bet that felt amazing!

Old 01-31-2015, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
To cool!
I bet that felt amazing!
It was pretty neat. That Camaro will do WARP factor 9..............you know
I was kind of stunned that the owner let me just enjoy it. But we go back quite away-z.
I used to design & sell buildings and his dealership was one of my projects.
I worked for the manufacturer at the time and was just about to finalize the project, he went on a hunting trip, the company I worked for decided that it would close up and quit making the stuff in 6 months.
Knowing this when he got back I told him I couldn't sell him the project ( kind of broke my heart). I knew that if I continued with project, it would be messed up. I knew what the people in the plant would do.
But he asked me to kind of supervise the new contractor and then he paid me fairly well, cause I lost my job with the closing of the building company I worked for.

Attached Thumbnails Intimidator Fast Rides-bumblebee-me2.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 01-31-2015 at 08:17 PM. Reason: photo
Old 01-31-2015, 08:50 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

You do a great job representing, IMO, the greatest racer there ever was! Thank you! He truly was a great man! As soon as I can get to them, I have a pic or two I will share with you. One was me in one of his cars and one was taken in the pits as Dale was helping with the unloading of his car at Darlington in 1990.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by P343
You do a great job representing, IMO, the greatest racer there ever was! Thank you! He truly was a great man! As soon as I can get to them, I have a pic or two I will share with you. One was me in one of his cars and one was taken in the pits as Dale was helping with the unloading of his car at Darlington in 1990.
Funny experience, In 1998 my family got me a bus trip package to the Race in Texas 2nd year for TMR.
There was a Lady and her son on the trip she had lost her husband like a year or 2 before this and they were all big Dale fans. So they latched on to me the entire trip.
At the Track GM used to have a feature where they would take a photo of you in the #3 Car or the # 24 car which ever you preferred and then gave you the Polaroid right there and it was free. So they wanted to do this and drug me to it. (You need to know that when I go to a Race like this every body see's me!) I know how strippers feel
So I told them that if the GM guys didn't want to take the pics that I was cool with it. So we get up there and they wanted me to stand by the 3 Car and they were inside and take that shot.
The GM guys went nuts and said they loved it. "They said: Yeah we saw Dale when he got in line with you back there".
So we got that picture then the next few people in line asked if I would do that for them too. Needless to say it was a Zoo. If I had $5.00 for every time someone said to me " did anyone ever tell you, that you look like..............." I could sponsor a Race car for a year.
But I am not one that goes to the race all dressed in his costume I may wear a Hat but that is about it. I put a comparison photo on, Dale in 1980 me in 79 B & W, then in 96 Dale and the small ones are me.

Attached Thumbnails Intimidator Fast Rides-pic-4zz.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 02-01-2015 at 03:17 AM. Reason: photo
Old 02-01-2015, 05:42 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

That's cool! You ever get the chance to come to Indiana I would love to flip my friends out who KNOW how big of an Earnhardt fan I am and do a couple of photos. The first photo would be me in the drivers seat with my helmet on and you in the passenger seat pretending to hold on for dear life!!! OMG that would be great!!!! Then a Go pro video with both of us in the car the same way with you saying "When do we turn left?" LOL

Old 02-01-2015, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by P343
That's cool! You ever get the chance to come to Indiana I would love to flip my friends out who KNOW how big of an Earnhardt fan I am and do a couple of photos. The first photo would be me in the drivers seat with my helmet on and you in the passenger seat pretending to hold on for dear life!!! OMG that would be great!!!! Then a Go pro video with both of us in the car the same way with you saying "When do we turn left?" LOL
That would be fun, I did a Commercial where I walked out of the Store and they said stop by the store cause you never know who you might bump into, a little jab at Dale cause of his reputation for moving folks out of the way.
I used to do that too. I normally don't get excited behind the wheel, I remain relaxed and focus on the drive. Sometimes I have to get up on the wheel.
You care if I bring my Pit Crew???? I attached a photo.

Attached Thumbnails Intimidator Fast Rides-pitcrew.jpg  
Old 02-01-2015, 12:43 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

LOL The pit crew looks great!!

Old 02-01-2015, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Default Details

Here are some detail shots of the Intimidator SS Camaro, exhaust tips and the front air dam, and my favorite the wheels Notice the intimidator on the wheels, I did that to my Monte Wheels also.
If you do a decal to the wheels which you can get Monte Carlo, Chevy Bowtie, etc. It might be a good idea to give it a clear coat just to make sure they won't flake off.

Attached Thumbnails Intimidator Fast Rides-black-camaro-dale-version-3-.jpg   Intimidator Fast Rides-black-camaro-dale-version-4-.jpg   Intimidator Fast Rides-black-camaro-dale-version-9-.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 02-01-2015 at 01:11 PM. Reason: photo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Misc Build: Intimidator Fast Rides