Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

Half Bra

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have one (a Le Bra) for mine and only put it on the car for longer trips. I actually didn't use the hood section this most recent time because the wind buffers it ever so slightly to where the top hem scratches the paint. The Le Bra isn't nearly as good as the Colgan I had for my 03 but Le Bra was the only one available for the 06-07s - Colgan has way more inside padding so it didn't scratch.

I looked into the clear bra too, right after I had the front end repainted several years ago. Downside to that is it was very expensive.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 07-08-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
I have one (a Le Bra) for mine and only put it on the car for longer trips. I actually didn't use the hood section this most recent time because the wind buffers it ever so slightly to where the top hem scratches the paint. The Le Bra isn't nearly as good as the Colgan I had for my 03 but Le Bra was the only one available for the 06-07s - Colgan has way more inside padding so it didn't scratch.

I looked into the clear bra too, right after I had the front end repainted several years ago. Downside to that is it was very expensive.
The materials are pretty cheap, it's usually the labor that kills. If you don't mind learning how to diy and have a friend to help (since the piece is so big and bulky), it really isn't too tough to install.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Mine is kinda thick, not sure of brand name
It holds lots of water when rain or go through a car wash.
The idea of slipping the bumper section for long drives does sound like a way to protect the new bumper, once I get it, my paint/body guy moves slow, but is way better price than other places. Mostly I will like the bra gone.... at first I liked it when I bought the car with it on, but after new hood and soon bumper, I'll want to show the bumper more

Thanks everyone for all the comments

Forgot to add, with your black could anyone tell it was in half bra ?

Last edited by shawn parker; 07-09-2016 at 08:07 PM. Reason: forgot to add
Old 07-10-2016, 07:58 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The clear bras look like crap after a couple of years. I have a colgan bra for the Mustang and I only use the bottom half for road trips. I used it on the trip to Piqua, OH in June. I keep the hood part on most of the time along with my mirror covers. I don't drive the car in the rain and it has not scratched or damaged the paint on my hood. If you are smart about it the higher end bras won't damage the paint.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:01 PM

You must've seen some pretty cheap clear bras then. I've seen plenty of people get 3-5 years out of them in cars outdoors all the time and a good deal longer on cars that are garaged/weekend only cars.

No doubt they won't last forever, it's just a sticker after all; but they're also not that expensive if you install it yourself. Plus, I can't imagine anyone would replace it more than a few times. By then the car is going to be pretty old and fairly high mileage, so you'll probably have plenty of scrapes and dents at that point anyways.

IMO the biggest advantage of a clear bra is having that clean stock look where the bulk of people would never know it was on. The old school black bra makes the car look dated and not as clean/sleek IMO.