Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

6th Gen ('00-'05): 1998 6th Gen. Intimidator Concept Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 10:50 PM

I like the body colored mirrors.... I like the front end but I prefer the fog lights on the current design

Old 01-30-2015, 04:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Tail Feathers

Finally we get to the rear end of the 97-98 Intimidator Concept car.
This appears to have carried on into the 6th Generation Monte Carlos that we see today with the factory ground effects.
I have seen a few 6th generations with the Razzi Ground effects and they look impressive. The #3 and the Intimidator are Red and almost disappear in the photo's.

Attached Thumbnails 1998 6th Gen. Intimidator Concept Monte Carlo-red-98-intimidator-10-.jpg   1998 6th Gen. Intimidator Concept Monte Carlo-1998-montecarlo-3-.jpg   1998 6th Gen. Intimidator Concept Monte Carlo-1998_chevrolet_intimidator-2.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 01-30-2015 at 04:56 PM. Reason: photo
Old 03-10-2015, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
The more I see about that concept car, the more I think it began life as a '97/'98 Grand Prix! Look at the interior door panels. Those are definitely very Grand Prix looking. Again, not a surprise as the Grand Prix I think was the first (or one of the first) Gen 2 W-Bodies.

I went searching my PC and found some old saved pics. I believe this one was supposed to be the drive train in the concept car (turbo charged 3800, not the first time GM mated a turbo to the ol' 3.8):

And I can't the web site, but I found a pic I had of the front end that mimics the concept car (with that black one, this now makes two cars that are out on the Internet with that unique front end):
I found some photo's of this same Monte that I had in my files as well. Pretty cool this may have been a Car Show someplace. This owner did a wonderful display too.

Attached Thumbnails 1998 6th Gen. Intimidator Concept Monte Carlo-intimidator-clones-2-.jpg   1998 6th Gen. Intimidator Concept Monte Carlo-intimidator-clones-1-.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 03-10-2015 at 12:11 PM. Reason: photos
Old 03-15-2015, 07:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

These pictures below were taken at Monte Carlo Nationals in Indianapolis in 2000, which I attended. This was already after the new 6th Gen had been released, as you can tell from the bottom pic, but it was still very cool to see where the idea originated. I have pictures of it somewhere but have to dig through prints. I believe the car is now displayed at the GM Heritage Center in Michigan.

Background, right side.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 03-15-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member

Bump!

I recently came across the YouTube clip of when the excellent Intimidator Concept went on auction at Barrett-Jackson.

They move the camera around the front, right side, and rear, and some angles in the engine bay. Chevy concept-car maestro Jon Moss says a few things about the Intimidator Concept too.

It's not the best video quality, and most of it just shows the bidders sitting and standing around, but the bids end up going pretty high!

Old 12-07-2017, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sidestreet
Bump!

It's not the best video quality, and most of it just shows the bidders sitting and standing around, but the bids end up going pretty high!
I went to this auction and saw the car in person. Definitely really cool to see all of the modifications. It was noted as having GP styling cues above. Reading the paperwork they had with it, the car actually is a modified 97 GP. Surprisingly it actually came with a title, albeit a scrap title.

I was curious what all was done to the engine inside as it had a lot of external mods for an NA 3800. Wasn't a fan of the red coating on the headers though.

I've got quite a few pictures of it up close too. Definitely one of the few cars I would actually like to have been able to bid on at BJ (but of course not for that kind of money).

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 12-07-2017 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
I went to this auction and saw the car in person. Definitely really cool to see all of the modifications. It was noted as having GP styling cues above. Reading the paperwork they had with it, the car actually is a modified 97 GP. Surprisingly it actually came with a title, albeit a scrap title.

I was curious what all was done to the engine inside as it had a lot of external mods for an NA 3800. Wasn't a fan of the red coating on the headers though.

I've got quite a few pictures of it up close too. Definitely one of the few cars I would actually like to have been able to bid on at BJ (but of course not for that kind of money).

Wow that would be cool to see it up close at Bar-Jac never been there. Share some of your photo's.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Wow that would be cool to see it up close at Bar-Jac never been there. Share some of your photo's.
It was very cool. They had it out in the open with the 'regular' cars so you could walk all around it and get up close.

Honestly, that's one of my favorite shows of the year. It's a little pricey to get in, but there are tons of cars that are collection queens that never see the light of day.

Ill see if I can figure out how to upload some photos since photobucket is screwed up. Most of my shots were engine bay pics since I was most curious as to what parts they used and what mods they did. The interior pics were mostly garbage due to the reflection off the windows from the bright lights, but you could definitely tell it was a modded gp.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:25 PM

Old 12-08-2017, 08:29 PM

I think that worked, let me know if you can see them.

I've got probably 20 or 30 more pictures, but many of them are extreme close ups in the engine bay of things I was curious about (or even worse interior shots, lol).

The worst part of the car IMO is the headlights. It looks sweet from a distance, but up close it's clear there's GP bodywork under there with a GP corner light behind the mesh.

I also really hate the under hood covers. Someone did a really nice job on the metal work, I think it's just too bulky looking (and don't like engine covers to start with).

Otherwise it's a really sweet one if a kind car.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 12-08-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): 1998 6th Gen. Intimidator Concept Monte Carlo