Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

SS vs. Cummins

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Default SS vs. Cummins

One of my buddies has a 04 Dodge 2500 with a cummins, exhaust, intake, injectors, and a banks six gun tunner. He is pushing right at 900 ft/lbs to the wheels. We were at school talking about his truck and how fast it when I got an idea to race him. Not like I thought I could beat him but just to see where my car was compared to this crazy truck. So we get out of school and line up at a redlight. I made him race in 2wd because I know I would spin and he would leave me if he launched in 4wd. So I stall up to around 3000 and all I hear is his turbo spooling so im like dang im screwed. The light turns green and I start spinning and he is too. I feather the gass to catch traction and he gets his grip back all this time I am about a fender in front of him. I hit second gear and I am still in front by a fender. We get up to about 60 and I let off because the speed limit was 45 on that road, but I stayed a fender ahead of him the whole time. All I can say is I am proud of my Monte. But I know I would have got killed if he launched in 4wd but still very proud.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:35 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: SS vs. Cummins

You got to keep in mind that truck is heavy and designed for pulling. Your Monte is built to tow anything, tis built to go fast

Old 01-10-2008, 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

You got to keep in mind that truck is heavy and designed for pulling. Your Monte is built to tow anything, tis built to go fast
thats true but his truck is running low 13's while my car is running 16's [sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 01-11-2008, 09:20 AM

I know I've been sayin this a lot but can people not drive. I have a guy that works for us he has a 69 Mach that runs high 12's and got smoked by a truck you just described, the guy was in 2wd also and didn't spin. We got out the hole better than him but once we got into 2nd that truck just starting walking passed us.