Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Silly Pickups

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Silly Pickups

I went up to Casper this weekend to watch State Basketball.

Well on the way back to Laramie on the interstate I had cruise set at 85, so with these tires messing with my speedometer I was going right about 80. Well I'm behind a pickup that I've been slowly getting closer to, he must have been going about 1-2mph slower than me, that's how slow it was catching up to him. Once I get close enough I see that it's one of the newest F-150s and still has dealer plates on.

Well shortly after I pass him he comes up and sets his cruise the same as mine so we go down the road for a few miles door to door with him glancing over every few seconds. I got the message that he probably wanted to race and once I heard his engine wind up I gave myself some gas, I got a few feet on him in the first few seconds but then I stopped gaining on him. So I gave 'er the rest of the throttle and got my lead back, I cut down once the governor kicked on at 113, about 106 or so really. I had about 5-6 lengths on him at that time.

Once I got back into town I pulled up behind an older Ford truck and a newer Dodge Cummins, from the black smoke that came pouring out once green came out I saw that they both intended on racing and were probably both Wyo Tech'ers. The Dodge ate up that Ford and a few lights later the Ford got into the turning lane giving me the chance to line up next to Mr. Cummins, I couldn't even see up into his cab but by the way he was inching forward (his front tire was at my bumper after a little bit) I knew he wanted to race again, I gave a little rev to show that I was willing. Green came up and I heard that diesel wind up, neither of us had traction for a few feet but once we caught I gained maybe two lengths in just a few seconds. Unfortunately I had to turn at the next light so I cut it down once I hit 40 and dropped back to 30mph.

When I do race it's only ever up to the speed limit unless there is very little to no traffic. We hadn't seen a car on either side of the road for ten miles or so when I raced that Ford on the freeway, and most people were already at their parties getting smashed when I raced that Dodge up to 40, otherwise it would have only been up to 30.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Default RE: Silly Pickups

[align=center][/align][align=center]LOL ~ LOL `Garrett[/align][align=center]Our MCF Truck Racer
Congrat's on your Win's
[/align][align=center]Some of those Diesel can Kick `Butt[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I enjoyed your post : ) How was the Game ?[/align][align=center]Monte vs All Trucks : )[/align][align=center]I"m listening 2 the NASCAR Race on the Radio,[/align][align=center]but I would have loved 2 see you Rac'in those[/align][align=center]Pick `me `Up Trucks[/align][align=center]BeSmart/Safe/Enjoy[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 03-09-2008, 03:46 PM

[align=center]Sillly Pickup's[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]

MCF `Fan Truck....For `Garrett & his Friends : )[/align][align=center]I think he won it Rac'in 4 Pinks [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Garrett beat the below truck, and the guy [X(]moved outa town : )[:-]LOL ~LOL [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

Simple prank you can pull on your friend that beat you : ),all you need is a backhoe.[:-]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Can you beat this one : ) Make your driveway `happy [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Above owned by female student [][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]at Garrett'sCollege : )[/align][/align][/align]

Old 03-09-2008, 03:57 PM

Ah Space, you sure can make me laugh with some of those pictures you find. The game Saturday was pretty sweet, first time we beat Buffalo in a long time, ended up taking second to Lander but considering that we hadn't made it to the finals since '90 it was pretty sweet, I just wish we could have played in that conference last year. It seems like most of the best players were all in my class and that the conference suffered this year.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

Ah Space, you sure can make me laugh with some of those pictures you find.
LOL `Garrett, it my Unofficial duties on theMonte Carlo Forum to
make posts that entertain, inform,& make member's laugh @
Space's Way Out Weird Sense of Humor. 4-Sure : )
Sometimes it's good, and other times, it's really bad.
I'm still on probation by the MCF Mod's & Administrator : )
Wish the reader of this a smile
& a `Happy, `Space

Old 03-09-2008, 06:17 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

them trucks are descent... and great if you are into that knid of thing. everybody who got them thinks they are the fastest things ever. i do'nt get it... there ego is about the size of theirtruck apparently (it translates to ricers too... they have big fake egos though). their not built for racing... they're built for pulling. if the guy wants to race he should select another car... perhaps a Monte Carlo SS or a nice new Z28 (if they ever bring them out.. damn you GM)

Old 08-27-2008, 09:05 PM

I have to agree with you that if you are into the speed you should go with a vehicle that is made for it. But I come from the truck world and I once had a 79 Chevy Blazer that on more than one occasion smoked a V8 Mustang or Camaroe. My Dad built the engine. I don't know what he did to it really. It was a 350 boared over 60 with a pretty good cam lope and an almost indestructable tranny. The old saying goes a brick is just a brick until you strap a jet engine to it. Then it's a really fast brick.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:36 PM

Yeah, living in Wyoming I've met my fair share of fast as hell trucks. Even know the owner of a Dodge Mega Cab that will beat any stock Z06 up to about 110-115, but then the Vette'll catch up and walkaway from him.