Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Ricers get crushed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 06:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Ricers get crushed!

Good post...Irwindale is near where the old Lyons was so us oldtimers call it Lyons which is still running.

And I know plenty of old timers that are still allowed to use Pomona on an open basis.

They stillhad the annual Ricers vs. U.S. muscle races once a year I guess now until recently.

There was no mention of the Riverside area tracks.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:25 PM

damn fast and furious movies! all these little kids make a bad name for the real muscel car guys. kids killing each other cause they dont know how to drive or know the limits of their own driving. if people werent dying then i doubt cities would take such drasitc action.

i too cring at the though of any car that has had that much work put into get crushed and trashed. but the only thing that soothes my mind is that they have stolen parts. like said buyer be ware! also if those cars were street raced... who knows the parts might have been beaten on pretty bad.

If crushing a few ricers with illegal parts does the trick for saving lives then i say keep it up.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: z34phoenix

damn fast and furious movies! all these little kids make a bad name for the real muscel car guys. kids killing each other cause they dont know how to drive or know the limits of their own driving. if people werent dying then i doubt cities would take such drasitc action.

i too cring at the though of any car that has had that much work put into get crushed and trashed. but the only thing that soothes my mind is that they have stolen parts. like said buyer be ware! also if those cars were street raced... who knows the parts might have been beaten on pretty bad.

If crushing a few ricers with illegal parts does the trick for saving lives then i say keep it up.
I do have to put a X2 for that.

I just wish that tracks were a bit more accessable and there were more tracks out there. Hotrodding and racing aren't going away anytime soon. If anything they are growing. They need to open up new venues.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:01 AM

I watched that video and I had to laugh my *** off. I have to say that if you're caught illegally street racing, you get what you deserve. I think this should happen more often to street racers. Keep it on the track folks. Its legal, its safer and just as fun.