Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

raced a V-10 F-250

Old 08-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: raced a V-10 F-250

if you race up here and you get caught...not only do you lose your licence..but you lose your car

Old 08-02-2006, 02:47 PM

that would suck but there is a road here thats like abandoned and there is no houses on it and they dont mind if people race on it because atleast there off the streets the cops say.. lol

Old 08-02-2006, 02:54 PM

lol, thats great.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: The Black Machine 29

that would suck but there is a road here thats like abandoned and there is no houses on it and they dont mind if people race on it because atleast there off the streets the cops say.. lol

until someone dies on it.... too many people have been killed from street racing up here...so they're trying to stop it now

Old 08-02-2006, 03:44 PM

im not trying to start anything with him , Just want him to relise the danger in doing things like this.

If you only have a few points left on you Lic. this is not a good thing to do anyway.

Belive me i have my fair share of tickets. and also had my fare share of street racing and lost some good frends doing it. but at 18 you think you own the world and i was goign to prove it LOL

but after driving on the roads acrossed america for so long and seeing some of the stuff you see belive me it makes you think more about how you drive daily. I still go out and have a good time and i still will race im not goign to say i dont if i did i would be lieing. just wnated to point out the danger that was all.

i just would not think that holding him out in the oncomming traffic is a good way to do it. the passing lane to me would have been funny as hell and i would have done the same but not in the on the 2 lane .

just me .

but drive it like you stole it is a good idea when having a good time just remember when ya break it it is not cheap. been there done that enough to LOL

Old 08-02-2006, 05:23 PM

The average speed on Houston roadways these days is 90+ or get ran over.

Good thing Texas does not have a points system.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:56 PM

yeah im not starting anything well im trying not too everyones right it was stupid but i still owned him. yeah i do have a detector now dint then it prolly wouldnt have worked in that situation anyway but i dint get caught so all is well. anyway about streetracing here its all banded and watched pretty heavily but a hour north of me theres a abandoned airport and no one cares its way out in the boonies its crazy mostly trucks cause its all seasonall roads to get to it. i havnt taken my monte up there yet i will post how she does when i go pretty fun alot of souped up diesels we brought my moms truck up there once and beat a lowered dakota and my moms truck is stock. lol that guy was pissed. we beat a old grenada with a built 302 too and just barely got beat by a alero. i wanna race that alero in my car i think it would be pretty even its a 98 with the 3400 in it mines a 96 3.4 DOHC.

Old 08-03-2006, 04:18 AM

he would still have ya on weight. but hey go for it that dont mean he can drive it

I will run anyone they hve shots of me getting my tail tucked by a vet. but i will say the same thing to yall as i did them when it is for fun i dont care win or lose i will race you as hard as if my life depnded on it.

her they made it even easier for you before the lights go green they flash yellow so it is more like a tree. man ya have to love that idea.

Dont think when they did it they were thinkin it just ment to start getting in the gas and of the brake LOL

Old 08-03-2006, 06:17 PM

Thats funny about the stoplights. It would be funny to replace the stoplight on a very straight stretch of raid with a christmas tree.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:42 PM

Just browsing and ran across this.

I would watch out in the future. With the way road rage is going on, you might have someone run you off the road. I've heard about this in WI on more than one occation where someone tries to pass, the person won't let them in, so the person trying to pass just sideswipes them into a ditch.

Also doing 110 in a non controlled environment is not a good idea. I'm not trying to be hypocritical here as I've been known to break 155 in my old 78 Camaro RS, but looking back knowing what I know now I would never have done it. Keep those kind of speeds on the track.

PS - this isn't meant to be a flame or attack, just some advise I wish someone would have told me years ago.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: raced a V-10 F-250