Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

My Betty VS The Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Default My Betty VS The Ferrari

There are many perks to being in the military aside from serving this amazing country of ours. One of them is the ability to see and experience other cultures; including car cultures. I am currenty assigned to Germany.So that means that my Monte, her name is Betty, and I get to tool around some of the best hy-ways in the world; the Autobanns. So far I have wrapped the guage out and then some, that's 140 mph +, and I have enjoyed every second of it. The best though is when your doing 50 k through the little German villages and the locals stop and watch you drive by admiring our fine American craftsmanship. And then there was the Ferrari. I was coming back from Frankfurt airport where I was droping off a friend. I was doing a mild 105 mph when I saw a flash of head lights in my rearview mirror signaling that I should get over as someone is trying to pass. I merged over just as a beutiful red Italian supercar passed. Now knowing that I didn't have a chance I still thought to myself "What if". So I eased down on Betty's throttle and settled into a nice 135 mph stroll. About 3 miles went by rather quickly and I found that wonderful red car again. I gave a quick flash of the headlight expecting the car to dart off into the distance but instead he merged to the right. I came up beside him and looked over to see a very astonished German man watch an American car pass his fine Italian super car. Taking advantage of his dismay I pushed the throttle throught the floor and pressed Betty for all she could give. I slowly pulled away from the German man and his red car for what seemed like forever. But then, as all dreams do, this one ended as the gentleman recoverd from his disalusionment and pulled out the horses he was saving forjustsuch a time. I have to admit it was pretty amazing watching that car pull away from me as fast as I was going but nothing will ever top the look on that mans face as an American passed him on the Autobann. Just imagin if I were driving a Z06.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Default RE: My Betty VS The Ferrari

I think he just wanted your phone number[X(]

Old 12-16-2007, 09:59 PM

Lonestar... you've just made my #1 dream.... I've always wanted to do sommat like that.... if only it wasn't so expensive to ship a car overseas..... (without joining the military anyway)

Congrats on the short-lived pride boost!

Old 12-20-2007, 03:57 PM

Lonestarss what year and trim is your Monte?
That must have been a rush, playing around with a ferrari.