Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 03:34 AM
Default RE: Mustang GT

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

Yeah I guess so huh? oh well, hmm... what else can we beat? lol
I dunno, my last race was about a year ago. I was in my Accord, just cruising, gettin' my lean on. And this 5th gen Monte Carlo kept messing with me, he was baiting me into a race so I took him up on the offer. Little did he know, I had a H22 swap under the hood w/CAI/Headers/CatBack/Type S cams/Hondata ECU. SUCKA!!! So we get to a light and I look over at him and give him a couple revs, he starts laughing. Light turns green and we nail it, I spin my tires quite a bit so he gets up on me by a car length or so, but then I get traction and pull hard on him. I was past him by 3rd gear, I shift to 4th and still at WOT when I realize "damn, dude is like 2-3 car lengths back" and then all of a sudden *FLASHING RED AND BLUE LIGHTS* The light we started at was the beginning of the hwy, there is a straight away of a couple hundred feet and then you go thorugh a long, swooping bend. Well at the apex of that bend is an off ramp, and when I noticed dude in the Monte was a cop, we were approaching the offramp. So as I let off the gas, I see in my rearview that dude in the Monte has his red and blues flashing and is accelerating up on me as im coasting and at the last second, I dip over to take the offramp but he is going too fast and can't manuver his car to follow me. I have never been so scared in my life, in California they don't play around w/racers. You get caught racing, automatic 2 points on your record, car gets impounded for 30 days, license is suspended, and you have to pay stiff fines. I have not raced since

Old 06-14-2005, 03:53 AM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

Yeah I guess so huh? oh well, hmm... what else can we beat? lol
I dunno, my last race was about a year ago. I was in my Accord, just cruising, gettin' my lean on. And this 5th gen Monte Carlo kept messing with me, he was baiting me into a race so I took him up on the offer. Little did he know, I had a H22 swap under the hood w/CAI/Headers/CatBack/Type S cams/Hondata ECU. SUCKA!!! So we get to a light and I look over at him and give him a couple revs, he starts laughing. Light turns green and we nail it, I spin my tires quite a bit so he gets up on me by a car length or so, but then I get traction and pull hard on him. I was past him by 3rd gear, I shift to 4th and still at WOT when I realize "damn, dude is like 2-3 car lengths back" and then all of a sudden *FLASHING RED AND BLUE LIGHTS* The light we started at was the beginning of the hwy, there is a straight away of a couple hundred feet and then you go thorugh a long, swooping bend. Well at the apex of that bend is an off ramp, and when I noticed dude in the Monte was a cop, we were approaching the offramp. So as I let off the gas, I see in my rearview that dude in the Monte has his red and blues flashing and is accelerating up on me as im coasting and at the last second, I dip over to take the offramp but he is going too fast and can't manuver his car to follow me. I have never been so scared in my life, in California they don't play around w/racers. You get caught racing, automatic 2 points on your record, car gets impounded for 30 days, license is suspended, and you have to pay stiff fines. I have not raced since
Damn! that's vicious man. I'm from reno, they have races all the freakin time there, thats where i have done most of my racing, the only thing i did here in cali was a friend of mine own a Mitsu Lancer RalliArt, and of course he's gonna think its all hard-a*s and ****e. so we were just messing around one day when we both came up to an empty light, so i figured f*ck it, i might as well school him a little bit, light turned green we both layed on it and i completely destroyed him. other than that i havent done anything in cali.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:58 AM

Damn! that's vicious man. I'm from reno, they have races all the freakin time there, thats where i have done most of my racing, the only thing i did here in cali was a friend of mine own a Mitsu Lancer RalliArt, and of course he's gonna think its all hard-a*s and ****e. so we were just messing around one day when we both came up to an empty light, so i figured f*ck it, i might as well school him a little bit, light turned green we both layed on it and i completely destroyed him. other than that i havent done anything in cali.
Like I said, automatic 30 day impound. Just remember that next time you're driving through cali and want to run it.

Old 06-14-2005, 07:34 PM

i personally dont think that the new Stang GT is that fast. My GTP killed one the other night from a rolling start. not to BS either, he definlty would have taken it off the line

Old 06-14-2005, 07:52 PM

the manual new stang, with a decent driver should easily get into the mid 13s...13.40-13.60 stock....i dont know about the automatics...

Old 06-14-2005, 08:08 PM

I cn tell you they will take you from the light!!
We have a blue one here that i haved lined up with and i tok the better light but before i could get out of the holei was plying catch up with him
Now with that said i did keep up with him and he didnt get to far from me the whole way threw it . But it was only about a mile or so.

for distance i think we have a chance.

Also you have to remeber they are rear wheel drive and fords come from teh factory with a good gear in them
I dont even think the Montes have the best gears in them from the factory .

Not to mention i would love to run him agian with my car as a rear wheel drive

But they have us on weight to. I belive .

so When ya run one the best thing i can say is be rollin when ya do it.
Tehy tend to spin do to the light tail they have we have the advantage o the wheel pullng have more weight on them then thiers do

Old 06-14-2005, 08:37 PM

im wondering, what are the stock figures for the new GT stang? and how many mods would have to be done to a MC SS or GPGTP to beat it off the line?

Old 06-14-2005, 09:28 PM

it looks like a stock 01 GTP should turn in around a 14.9. the slowest GT MT QM time ive found is a 13.94...i cant find a QM time ANYWHERE for the auto tranny...i have found a AT V6 QM speed of 15.35...so the auto tranny GT is between those times..id guess 14.3 maybe? so youd need some blower work...is your car intercooled

Old 06-14-2005, 09:36 PM

Well the reason Im asking is that Im a sucker for SLP...ive been considering buying a whole bunch of new toys for the GTP and im just curious about the performance differences from stock. Im sure someone has some SLP stuff on their Monte SS

Old 06-14-2005, 10:49 PM

Wouldn't it be nice to run into a lump sum of money and be able to blow it on your car? You guys have me dreaming now...................

Quick Reply: Mustang GT