Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Monte SS VS Cobalt SS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Default RE: Monte SS VS Cobalt SS?

ORIGINAL: Projektcobalt

ORIGINAL: 81Monte350Power

lol project... i would bury that cobalt just as much... and im NA and have very few mods... i can list them all on one line in fact... here goes:
350swap,headers,3in glasspack,weiand intake,4brl Edelbrock carb,air shocks,bored 30 over
see... one line... and i really shouldn't even have listed the 350 swap...
thats very nice that you can beat me, truth is there will always be somone out there that can beat you, im not going around saying i can beat everyone..my car is not fast..its a econobox fwd car...

also my car is my daily driver, do you drive your monte every day? and hows gas mileage on your car?

if i wanted to go fast i would have gotten a older faster car that got very poor gas mileage and looked like ***, or a bike, but i needed something with decent power/good gas mileage and that looked nice.
first off... keep the swearing to a minimum please... and as for the daily driver thing... YES i drive it everyday... even on pure iced roads... and as for the gas milage... its actually pretty sweet... i mean i dang near idle everywhere i go... i can honestly probably get 22-24 miles to the gallon... especially if im coming south... lots of down hil... just toss the car in neutral and let it roll LOL
Also, were you implying that my car looks like butt? And no, ur not saying you can beat everyone... but ur bashing montes on a monte forum... come on man... even YOU have to be able to see that thats not intelligent... all of your posts should be on OFF TOPIC considering your car is off topic...

Old 01-20-2008, 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Projektcobalt

lol project... i would bury that cobalt just as much... and im NA and have very few mods... i can list them all on one line in fact... here goes:
350swap,headers,3in glasspack,weiand intake,4brl Edelbrock carb,air shocks,bored 30 over
see... one line... and i really shouldn't even have listed the 350 swap...
thats very nice that you can beat me, truth is there will always be somone out there that can beat you, im not going around saying i can beat everyone..my car is not fast..its a econobox fwd car...

also my car is my daily driver, do you drive your monte every day? and hows gas mileage on your car?

if i wanted to go fast i would have gotten a older faster car that got very poor gas mileage and looked like ***, or a bike, but i needed something with decent power/good gas mileage and that looked nice.
first off... keep the swearing to a minimum please... and as for the daily driver thing... YES i drive it everyday... even on pure iced roads... and as for the gas milage... its actually pretty sweet... i mean i dang near idle everywhere i go... i can honestly probably get 22-24 miles to the gallon... especially if im coming south... lots of down hil... just toss the car in neutral and let it roll LOL
Also, were you implying that my car looks like butt? And no, ur not saying you can beat everyone... but ur bashing montes on a monte forum... come on man... even YOU have to be able to see that thats not intelligent... all of your posts should be on OFF TOPIC considering your car is off topic...
im sorry sir but this is where you are incorrect, i did infact not bash any monte carlo...

the OP is a friend of mine who posted a false story, we raced and i won, simple as that, i told a lie (saying my car was automatic and that i dont know how to drive) to back her story up because i was trying to be nice.

i think there was a sense of miss communication, i did not come here to bash..thats not what i do, if i offended anyone i apologize because it was not intended...

as far as me saying your car looks like "but" no i was not implying that, what i was saying is for the price tag of 23,000 dollars i could have purchased alot of fast cars that dont have very nice curb appeal but i needed something different...as far as you trying to pick a E-race with me i think thats unacalled for considering your car is cleary a rwd drag car, im a fwd econobox...but i do forgive you and apologize if you thought i was trying to bash monte carlos on a monte forum, i was not and if it appeared like that i apologize...

im a regular memeber over at Cobaltss.net and i know what bashers are like (trust me i deal with them everyday) and i apolgoize if i came off like one.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:20 AM

LOL dude, w/ 23 grand total, i could make my car one of the nicest you have ever seen... i have less than 2000 in my car TOTAL and that includes the transmission swap i did as soon as i got the car and paying for it to get out of impound once...
Not picking on you personally, but i hate all these people that come around with numbers like that... like all these people with the Subaru Impreza WRXs that pay 40+ grand for them, then brag about kicking ppls azzes in races... Its like well ya... let me put 40k into my car and we see who has the faster car...

Old 01-27-2008, 08:54 PM

hell yeah...if i put 15 into mine...watch out man LOL

Old 01-31-2008, 02:56 PM

Wow this is getting pretty tence, chill out guys or go settle it out on the stip when the weather turns better..

Old 02-06-2008, 01:01 PM

i drove a 2006 colbalt ss supercharged today, and let me tell ya. Those cobalts, as sad as i am to say it, would stomp my 3.5L. i have driven a 3.8L monte before also, and if both knew how to drive, the cobalt would win hands down. Im sorry guys.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:15 PM

This was the non-supercharged one if I remember correctly. Yeah those SS/SC are bad little rides, low to mid 14's

Old 02-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

1 Bad SS says:
"I thought everyone would be proud to learn that I smoked a standard Cobalt SS with my 2000 Monte Carlo SS today."

Projekcobalt says:
"yes we did race but it was not in january because it is winter outside (lol) we raced around june"

[sm=smiley25.gif][sm=smiley25.gif][sm=smiley25.gif][sm=smiley25.gif][sm=smiley25.gif][sm=smiley25.gif][sm=smiley25.gif]

Old 02-06-2008, 08:49 PM

Who knows.....This thread is full of lies and deceit.....lol

Old 02-10-2008, 11:12 PM

a standard SS only comes with the 2.4L if i remember correctly. im am not gonna say who i think would win, or the specs. thats all im gonna say, im neutral on this one.

Quick Reply: Monte SS VS Cobalt SS?