Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

LTZ-2....GT-0

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: LTZ-2....GT-0

racing up here has very strict results...if you get caught you lose your licence permanently, you have your car taken from you, and i think its possible jail time and miniumum 5000$ fine...so i dont do it very often...and definetely not on any main streets

Old 04-04-2007, 12:00 PM

[align=center]Mod Wiz Kidd,[/align][align=center]I know I wish I would have listend to my grandfather on his lectures on[/align][align=center]Street-racing : ([/align][align=center]He told me to NOT RACE unless I was prepared to lose : ([/align][align=center]1. The Race [X(][/align][align=center]2. My Money [X(][/align][align=center]3. My license [X(][/align][align=center]4. My car [X(][/align][align=center]5. My Insurance [X(][/align][align=center]6. My freedoms [X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Oh how I wish I would have listened & complied.[/align][align=center]We live, we race & hopefully we learn.[/align][align=center]I learnmanythings in my lifethe HARD WAY [/align]

[hr]

[align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Want 2 Race ? [/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/FEDA30B7F17A451CA8B105C8CA66E8E3.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 04-04-2007, 05:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR

GPD & Space: I think if you got 3 car's on them just because they shifted, it was some kind ofgranny shifting. Or new enough that it's so tight you can't do anything better. Depends, if it really had the 300 horse motor then they weren't using it to its' full potential. Can't you tell the v8 rustangs by the extra headlights in the middle? Well, that's one way I have heard anyways.

I raced a guy at work that drives a V6 rustang with a performance borla exhaust and a CAI, and it was a manual, and I still wasted it. By common measurements it should have a good 20 horse on my car, but then again he could have been babying it.
I think he was kind of embarrased because his car was just screaming away (Borlas areLOUD at WOT)and I still pulled ahead quiet as ever, lol. He hasn't really said anything about it since.

Maybe it's just the spirit of the MC refusing to be beat?

Oh, and my only performance mod at this time is a drop-in K&N Air filter. Get one, you will love it. I'm seeing as much as 30 MPG highway! Before the K&N I NEVER saw more than 26MPG all highway.

Sometime I'm going to buy a weekend tuner slot when the local drag strip opens and time it with and without the traction control, with and without launching with the TC. (like you did GPD)

And Space, why not try? besides getting a ticket and all, wouldn't it be killer if you won? and if you lose no big surprise right, just a game of numbers. If your friend is mature enough he won't rub it in excessively or brag about beating a 6 cyl with his V8. I mean I'm all for the track thing... but sometimes the guy in the other lane doesn't care about a track... and you cant just give it to him, right!? That's like when I had the 03 LS, I had a kid with an older 3.1 beretta race me, it was an easy win, but still fun. Actually later down the highway they tried to do a fly by. I noticed them a few cars back and was able to speed up quick enough to shut down their attempt... that got the heart going, I ended up finally getting in the left lane (his lane) about 2 car lengths before smacking some blue hair in a Neon.
Like I said, I am very selective. I didn't know that there were V-6 GT's. I know my car isn't the fastest, but boy, she's a blast to WOT.

I like what you said about the quiet quickness of the car.

I love the sound of a roller engine!!!

Old 04-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

there's v6 gt's?? i've never heard of that before...not up here there's not anyway...maybe its just something somebody slapped a gt sticker on the v6...i've never seen a true v6 gt before

Old 04-05-2007, 02:18 AM

I can tell you what, I'm racing the next GT I see! lol

I dunno if there is a V6 GT, but I don't know much about the rustang, or Fords in general. I'm bred born and raised a Chevy guy.I'll have to stop by the local ford dealer and pick up a brochure.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

there's v6 gt's?? i've never heard of that before...not up here there's not anyway...maybe its just something somebody slapped a gt sticker on the v6...i've never seen a true v6 gt before
I must be misreading the posts. Being a Gramps is taxing.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:52 PM

I have beat a GT so i guess I can vouch, the second these cars are floored and get past 20mph they r gone. i was suprised..

Old 06-18-2007, 11:27 PM

Oh, and FYI everyone, there is not a V6 GT. At least for 07. I did stop by the Ford dealer, and they make a pony package, which gets you slightly smaller, yet still those fog lights in the grille area. But, at least for 07, only the GT gets dual exhaust, so that may be a way of telling, aside from badging (I've seen GT badges sold for like 5 bux on ebay)

Look for the true fogs, if they are a smaller fog with a thick chrome trim, it's the Pony package, only available on the V6 rustang.