Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.
View Poll Results: Do you RACE ?
Yes, on the street & I still do
33.33%
Yes, I used to Race~> on the street, but don't anymore
7.41%
I only race on a track
11.11%
I used to~> race on the track & Street.
7.41%
I still race on the Track & Street.
22.22%
I've never raced
7.41%
I've raced, but not cars, I will post what I've raced.
7.41%
I Stopped racing (They took my car & license : )
3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Do you Street Race? Track Race? or Both ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 11:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Jerry I'm no expert but I think you may be going the wrong way in the second pic, or maybe everyone else is.
I've done a little light to light racing here and there but nothing to an excessive speed.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:04 AM

3-2-1 `Go

Track

Spectator

Last edited by Space; 05-11-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:25 AM

Member's, please be patience & Give the below vid's time to load : ) 3-2-1 Blast`Off : )
======
Does anyone race boats ? or use a paddle to win a Race

Show `Off = Accidents can happen

Parts can break & wheels can fall `off when Rac'in 4-Sure=======Wooooosp..Guess he lost ===

Watch out for flying Cars 2

Some people drive stoned 4-Sure What

Yes, accidents happen & we never know when ?

^^^^^I bet he had to change his underwear 4-Sure
Be Safe `out there 4-RealSure....

Last edited by Space; 05-15-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

I used to race on the street - from around '74 until '80 but don't anymore. All my racing is now done at the local raceway.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

I never go to the track, or actually rarely go, but just spectate...I'm more into shows and such....

I know of a few local street racing spots, I use to go to these events alot a while back, now I go only on occassion...mostly cause it happens so late at night/early in the morning and I need to be up for work, so no time to stay.

When people hear of street racing there knee jerk reaction is to arrest everyone...because of the typical dangers involved.

Any event is dangerour either in a controlled environment or in a somewhat less environment.

When I speak of street racing I do not mean the light to light in traffic racing that everyone thinks...

By me there is a service road surrounded by weeds...rarely used by other cars and the main thing is it has no intersections or traffic lights, so no cars can jot out into the racers path.

people are sent up the road to ensure no one is on it, there never is a pedestrian or another car there, but again for safety reasons we double check.

Spectators always stand behind the cars, never along the side of the road were the race is taking place like some other places. If a pedestrian car does come up behind us we let it through and ensure it clears the top and and shut down area before we get a race off...at times some people not part of our crew decide to make there own pass down the strip when we let them by.

Many racers who mod there cars, don't just do all "go mods" they know safety is the key and ensure they upgrade there brakes or have roll cages in there cars...

Cops know about the area and even when they drive up they ussually just disperse the crowd, never really issue tickets or bring anyone in, mostly cause at times there's hundreds of people there.

We never leave anyone behind, somtimes there are incidents of cars breaking down, or getting into accidents....but we always call a flat bed and wait with the owner even till the wee hours of the morning.

The main issue for such large street racing is there is no track to go to sometimes in the area...Even when they wanted to put one, residents would complain about the noise and the traffic....so it gets rejected....

So the options by me are drive 45 minutes pay gas and tolls back and forth, or drive 15 minutes and have a street race for free....or whatever the bet is at the time...

Other places have to drive even further...

To me street racing will never die, but if every bit of safety is stressed like streets with no intersections, safety for the croad and the cars then it could be an interesting event to take in....ussually this happens when older guys are part of the event....when you get the younger crowd with high hp cars, then it can become catostrophic....

Just my 2 cents,
Joe

Old 05-12-2011, 08:27 AM

Hi `Joe,
Another great write `up as always...Thanks for sharing 4-Sure. p.s. Like you new `sig & your rides
================================================== ========================

^^Thank You ^^
for all your contribtuions to
the MCF 4-Sure

Old 05-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

As a teenager, im into the hole street racing thing, i love watching the Fast and Furious movies and need for speed video games, but i know thats not real and i dont attempt to do what they do. At time i have done the light to light racing and have never hit high speeds. and its usually for a few seconds.

I have raced once in one of those situations that joe was talking about

"By me there is a service road surrounded by weeds...rarely used by other cars and the main thing is it has no intersections or traffic lights, so no cars can jot out into the racers path.

people are sent up the road to ensure no one is on it, there never is a pedestrian or another car there, but again for safety reasons we double check."(Joe)

Old 05-14-2011, 08:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Joe's street racing sounds like fun, but the usual light to light street racing is hardly a test of a machine and more a test of will - who is most willing to break the law and has the nerve to endanger everyone in their environment the most. At the track you can reall cut loose with a clear conscience and let the machine give its all and tell its story...

I don't mean to lecture. But the track really is the best place to show what you got

Old 05-15-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Joe's street racing sounds like fun, but the usual light to light street racing is hardly a test of a machine and more a test of will - who is most willing to break the law and has the nerve to endanger everyone in their environment the most. At the track you can reall cut loose with a clear conscience and let the machine give its all and tell its story...

I don't mean to lecture. But the track really is the best place to show what you got
...Yes, the track is the best & the safest, & I hope member's go there instead of the street...Some might, but so many don't listen to those that have learned the hard way..
"I had 2 learn the hard/expensive way"
Now, I take it 2 the Track 4-Sure

======
^^^Go Kid `Go (just get outa here)~>Please : )
Thanks `Brent & member's for all your post/thoughts/opinions & what U `do...`do

Old 05-16-2011, 03:25 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

This looks fun as hell, but this is also the street racing that gives regular street racing a bad name.
YouTube - BACK UP(

Quick Reply: Do you Street Race? Track Race? or Both ?