Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Do You Street Race ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Do You Street Race ?

[align=center]
by 2Quick4u,Old men have what young men want..
Dreams do come true..
Real men take it to the track....
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm curious ?[/align][align=center]What do you have that we want ?[/align][align=center]I guess according to your belief's I'm not a real man [X(][/align][align=center]That is your opinion..., & we all are fortunate to stillbe[/align][align=center]free to say `it, post `it.[/align][align=center]You have the right to your belief, but I don't think[/align][align=center]it's reality in the World that I know.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `Art, - Member 2 quick 4 U -[/align][align=center]I'm respect your opinion, and I was sorry to read that[/align][align=center]a child was killed by a street racer, but I think it is[/align][align=center]unfair to think that everyone is careless, and to put[/align][align=center]all into the same group. [/align][align=center]Ignorance is the breeding ground for prejudice, and hurt.[/align][align=center]I agree, there are stupid, and careless people out on[/align][align=center]the highways that have total disregard for safety.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I look into my own mirror of life, before I judge &[/align][align=center]make statements, comments about others.[/align][align=center]But, we live in a `free country, and people can[/align][align=center]say what they want. Even `if they are wrong in their[/align][align=center]opinions/mind. Humans are flawed, we make mistakes, [/align][align=center]and hopefully we learn from them, not to repeat.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I could post thousands of kids that were killed for[/align][align=center]other stupid mistakes by adults : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I believe that everyone with a auto has violated the[/align][align=center]traffic laws at some point during their driving experience. There are careless drivers everywhere, from[/align][align=center]all age groups.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think people are always going to race, as long as[/align][align=center]our society demands high performance vehicles.[/align][align=center]The sad part of this is, that many do not know or have[/align][align=center]the experience to drive high performance cars : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm not condoning careless street racing, but not everyone[/align][align=center]is fortunate enough to live close to a drag/race course.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My grandfather did not approve of me racing, but stated[/align][align=center]`if I was going to race,(because he knew that I would : )to do it the smart way. And[/align][align=center]that was to find a road without traffic, and without[/align][align=center]any roads coming into the road that was chosen.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]All spectator's had to be behind the cars racing. And[/align][align=center][size=4]we had

Old 11-22-2007, 06:48 AM

ORIGINAL: 2 quick4u

Just think of that child that just got kill by one of your street racing rush..He or she will never get the chance to see life because someone that knows better just screwed up and killsomeone's child that was just in the wrong place..Now the lick is on you. DID you win or lose on that one? Think before engaging your throttle and bottle and let other people live a little longer.Just think that could be your family member on the road that you did not see and took there life away..Real men or women take to the track...
I don't agree with your statement, but it is your right.
I don't thing the `lick is on me : (
We have a different meaning for the definition of a Real Man.
[:-]
[align=center]
[ul][*]Real men try to treat everybody decently. [*]Real men don't hit women. Or children. Ever. [*]Real men have sex only with consent. [*]Real men don't feel they need to say they are real men. [*]Real men don't try to prove their masculinity. They're men, that's all, and if you disagree, that's your problem. [*]Real men know that bullies are people who want to be men, but aren't. [*]Real men judge people on how they treat other people. [/ul]
There are probably plenty of other rules, but these are some basics. As for the rest, my grandfather told me that you can always judge someone by how they treat people they don't have to be nice to.He said you judge people by the content of their character, and the actions of their words.
I believe that you have mis-judged, but that is your right.

`Art, -2Quick4U-,
What is your definition of a Real Man ?[/align]

Old 12-01-2007, 07:28 PM

I'll goose it on the highway if someone is pissing me off and there isn't any traffic, but will never do it in town. I try to keep it at the track.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:41 PM

My newest fad is putting the Parking brake on and roasting the tires( of course without much traffic around)... I'm buying new ones next month anyways :-)

Old 12-02-2007, 07:14 AM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

My newest fad is putting the Parking brake on and roasting the tires( of course without much traffic around)... I'm buying new ones next month anyways :-)
Hi `Keegan,
What tires are you going to get ?

Old 12-02-2007, 10:28 AM

By the way Space...well said

Old 12-02-2007, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

Yeah, I've been know to do that in the parking lots as well.

I'm picking up GoodYear Triple Treds. Also looking for slicks for the track.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:51 PM

Yah, I just emailed TireRack asking about what tire they recommended for an all season.. and then, shortly, I will be looking for another pair of stock wheels for me to put street legal drag slicks on.. or at least find a set of wheels that will fit my car AND the slicks... so that next spring I can actually enjoy my driving experience racing on the street

Old 12-08-2007, 12:40 AM

I havent won a street race yet

Old 12-08-2007, 07:54 AM

If you have a turbo Subaru WRX, how do you not win races?

Quick Reply: Do You Street Race ?