Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

can I take him??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Default RE: can I take him??

The best way to find out is take it the the drag strip line them up and let the lights decide. Street light always someone will differ that they jump the light or so. If you got time lights then it is all over for the one that is slow to react.Street racing is just a trill and who knows who beat what. Times slips tells it like it is.

If all else fails there is always PINKS. You either can ride home or walk.

That's why I always give them a head start. Let them have the advantage.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: 2 quick4u

The best way to find out is take it the the drag strip line them up and let the lights decide. Street light always someone will differ that they jump the light or so. If you got time lights then it is all over for the one that is slow to react.Street racing is just a trill and who knows who beat what. Times slips tells it like it is.

true words spoken ..

Old 04-19-2008, 12:02 AM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

That's why I always give them a head start. Let them have the advantage.
Then if they beat you are you going to say i gave you the advantage to start first.
Heads up, times lights then it is fair game win or lose it is on record.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:25 PM

thanks folks for all your input. I've been talking to em most of the week and we've got a dust up set for after work today.Its a little over 70 degrees here today and it's perfect so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:57 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

thats the only way to find out... go see.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:33 AM

I beat em!!!

I don't know if it was sheer luck or what because I am nowhere near a Jeff Gordon or anything like that but heres the rundown:

we lined up at the 2nd set of lights right after we left work. The first set had some construction going on and didn't want to send any gravel flying and I think he had the same notion because we both nodded toward the 2nd set of lights. We line up and I timed the light just right, no spin and we lunged. He jumped the gun quick as expected and pulled a half car in front of me but I managed to edge his door when he shifted to 2nd but he must have granny shifted going into 3rd because it seemed like he hesitatedso I edged him and had him paying homage to my bumper by the time we were beginning to break at the next pair of lights. We were going so fast and I heard the SC in his cobaltwine like a freakin newborn baby but I took it. Short and simple. I think he would have edged the lead if it hadn't been for the light stopping us but it isn't how you loose, it's how you win. He shot me a look at the stoplight next to me like "you know I would have had you if it wasn't for the light" and we both laughed it off. He turned and went his way but I think that leaves room for a rematch for redemption on his part. I'll be ready for him by next month.Stock 3800 SC MC with no mods vs Cobalt SC with CAI and the winner is WhipItGood for now.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:53 AM

Congrats, but at what MPH did you guys stop racing? Just curious.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:41 PM

Does anyone know the top speed on these cars? I used to have a 2000 GTP with the S/C engine and it's top speed was 127mph. You had to use the heads-up-display to see it because the dash-needle stopped at 115.