Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

anybody race a new v6 mustang??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Default anybody race a new v6 mustang??

ok theres this guy riding around town with an 08 v6 mustang with absolutly no mods. Everybody wants me to race him. which i have lost more races then ive won so im not scared to race him but he wont race me unless we put money on it... $200!!!!! so my question is what are my chances???? I have an 07 lt 3.5l with cai and catback system. based on what i know of others experience racing him... i should have him.. but i really dont know for sure. it'll be a 1/4 mile race..

Old 12-27-2008, 07:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default RE: anybody race a new v6 mustang??

Ive heard the V6s with the manual transmissions can run low 6s 0-60. The autos are a little slower. I wouldnt put money on winning.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: alabamamonte

ok theres this guy riding around town with an 08 v6 mustang with absolutly no mods. Everybody wants me to race him. which i have lost more races then ive won so im not scared to race him but he wont race me unless we put money on it... $200!!!!! so my question is what are my chances???? I have an 07 lt 3.5l with cai and catback system. based on what i know of others experience racing him... i should have him.. but i really dont know for sure. it'll be a 1/4 mile race..
Hi `Ben,
Street Racing can be expensive for sure if caught .I thought I was smart, and would not get caught. I did & it sure has cost me a lot. Hard Lesson Learned 4-Sure : ( Be Smart/Safe.Go 2 the track `if you can, & if you have
the money to gamble on a race.
I think it would be a Driver`s Race? ? ?
The 08 Mustang V-6 runs pretty good..Is it stick or auto ?
Below is from a Road Test of a 08 `Stang
Powertrains and Performance
Behind the grille of V6 Mustangs is a 4.0-liter V6 making 210 horsepower and 240 pound-feet of torque
Source
[:-]
[align=center]http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/ford...chlanding.html[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Ben, lets us know what happens...Good Luck 2 U[/align]

Old 12-27-2008, 11:00 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i don't race for money anytime.. he might have something under ti taht you don't know about.

i have waited many days and many nights at redlights and drag strips waiting for a new body style V6 to pull along side.... they are nearly a 4000 lbs car so it can be very close, as 'Space says.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:25 PM

its an automatic tranny. He says its "procharged" but we looked under the hood and didnt see a "procharger"... No nitrous or anything and he lined up with a friend of mine's cadillac cts and the cts beat him by 7 lengths in the 1/4.. there was no money on that race so idk. but the cts only beat me by half a length in the 1/4. and this was a long time ago before anybody ever wanted us to race so i dont think he was tryin to hustle..

Old 12-27-2008, 11:46 PM

idk even if i could beat someone 200 is pretty steep even if ucan beat him, alot can go wrong u spin tiresi know its new but something could brake but thats on you. but the only times i ever raced i knew i was gona lose so i didnt bet anyway 1 time i shoulda though the kid had same sc 3.8 but with about $1k under hood and me with about 20 psi in each tire and i woop him. but gl i love beating fords so i hope u put one up for the chevy side

Old 12-28-2008, 04:25 AM

ORIGINAL: 04superjr

idk even if i could beat someone 200 is pretty steep even if u can beat him, alot can go wrong u spin tires i know its new but something could brake but thats on you. but the only times i ever raced i knew i was gona lose so i didnt bet anyway 1 time i shoulda though the kid had same sc 3.8 but with about $1k under hood and me with about 20 psi in each tire and i woop him. but gl i love beating fords so i hope u put one up for the chevy side
Not trying to be a smart a here at all. im just curiuos though. do you remember how much you won by with the 20 psi? and wouldn't you want high psi for rears sense its a fwd and they just kinda roll??

Old 12-28-2008, 08:17 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

^exactly, i have aired my rear tires to as high as 50 psi at the drag strip! it really helps... although i will tell you this as well... i've never done better than i did at 28 psi on the fronts... When you get too low, the tread of the tire actually kind of buckles up, causing you to lose tire contact with the ground.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:43 AM

let that stang race my 07ss ill do laps around him and his gt buddys

Old 12-28-2008, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: 07v8monte

let that stang race my 07ss ill do laps around him and his gt buddys
Lol. well duh. you'd have to be an idiot to think otherwise

Quick Reply: anybody race a new v6 mustang??