Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

6th vs 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 6th vs 4th gen

Who cares if I lost!!!

I know...street racing is bad...not my fault there are no legal places on LI! All and all its done for fun, and precautions are made..names are secret as a request.
Last night I was cruising around with some of the long island crew on the way to dinner after the meetup at one of the local stop n shops.. Its just me, and two hot 4th gen v8's. One sweet cruiser, and the other one...a beautiful black monster! Most of the way there until we hit the highway was slow one laned backroads. The cruiser is up front and we are creeping along; I'm in the middle and the 'monster' behind me. The way there was fun, enjoying the turns...but it wasn't for long before the 'monster' and I began to have the itch for some fun..
I'm playing around, giving it extra gas to hear the whurrrr of the supercharger in the tunnel of trees...and the monster behind me growls away with impatience..

Finally we get onto the highway...
The cruiser steps aside and stays nearby as both of us rule the road. The monster blares past, prowling away at the path...I do the same..screaming down the highway. Both of us are smiling ear to ear enjoying the sound of each others cars as we do some quick mid-speed pulls.
Then we get up to a stoplight both of us in front...I can see the cruiser smiling in my rearview...
I look over and say "Whats wrong...don't like staying in last??" since he was stuck the whole way to the highway.

Now, up to this point I have never seen the true takeoff power of this car in any of the cruises I've been too. Crazy money has been dumped into this beauty..

Light turns green..
We both ease forward and then put on full throttle to avoid our tires from spinning. Both of us stay pretty even and I can clearly tell he's holding back as we blow the cruiser away in the dust. Once he knew I was serious & didn't back down he guns it at around 65mph, and slingshots past me as if I was standing still.
You can imagine the look on my face...looking at my speedometer reading about 90mph now and looking back up to see that monster is 3-4 car lengths ahead..The sound alone made my heart skip a beat and melt me into my seat!

Best part about it? We pull up to the diner and he says "shhh...... don't tell the wife we did that!"

Glad he gave me that chance...I feel it opened up a new world of ideas..made me realize how slow I truly am to the big guys, but in a good way. It made me realize what enough money can truly do!

Old 07-07-2013, 10:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Awesome! sometimes ya just can't help but race, as Joe and I know from his giggle video

Old 07-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

That's what happen's some times..

Old 07-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

nice!! what was done to the 4th gen do you know?

Old 07-08-2013, 08:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Apparently Jen:
You weren't slow by any means! Considering you left the "Cruiser" in the dust! As I am sure yours was pulling for all its worth..(Im sure your no slouch behind the wheel) The best part im sure was the fact...That you had a Great time doing it! Not to mention,IT WAS ILLEGAL!!!!! Which made those heart pounding moments even more exciteing. .Id say you enjoyed every single second of it!... Considering...What you are running with...and what he was running with....Id be willing to bet...It was a victory for you to finally open it up for all its worth! To get your adrenalin rush for the night!

I know my little N/A 3800 is no match for your Super Car!
Wanna trade?

All in all Im sure it was a Great Outing!

Old 07-08-2013, 09:57 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
nice!! what was done to the 4th gen do you know?
All I know is what he said he's put into it.....can probably buy a real pretty Mercedes...

david: rememberrr I'm not much faster than you! I just know how to drive..

Old 07-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

haha thats just like earlier when i passed a honda ricer on the highway with an unnecessary loud exhaust he thought he was doing something when he passed me...if my exit didnt come uphe was gonna learn today

Old 07-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sometimes you can't help but open it up. There's always a little rush from a full throttle pull

Old 07-09-2013, 01:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Knowing the "players" involved and keeping names out, my first question was going to be "where was his wife?" cause I know that wouldn't have happened if she was in the car lmao.

Monte cruises are always fun, always get into some "spirited" driving when we are together lol.

Joe

Old 07-09-2013, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montess2k
Knowing the "players" involved and keeping names out, my first question was going to be "where was his wife?" cause I know that wouldn't have happened if she was in the car lmao.

Monte cruises are always fun, always get into some "spirited" driving when we are together lol.

Joe
She was out with friends, on her way to the diner.

Quick Reply: 6th vs 4th gen