Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

3400 1/4 mile

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Think all i would have to do is just tape off the ends of the speaker wires that run to the subs from the amp

Old 02-26-2016, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The rules at our track:
1. Shorts are NOT PERMITTED when racing and a shirt with sleeves is required to race.
2. Seat belts must be properly mounted.
3. All windows must be present and in good shape and rolled up fully when racing. (no cracks)
4. All automatic transmissions must have operational neutral safety switches.
5. Doors handles operational inside & out.
6. Battery cannot be in driver’s compartment and the battery must have 3/8 bolts to hold it in place.
7. Batteries that are relocated in the trunk must have external cut off switch to the rear of the vehicle labeled "CUT OFF."
8. Radiator must have proper overflow catch tank.
9. Tires must be in good condition.
10. Carburetor must be covered: if there is no hood, live fan must be removed but an electric fan is OK.
11. Carburetor must have two return springs installed.
12. Rear seat must be installed or sheet metal covering or trunk bulkhead must be installed.
13. Convertibles must run with top up and driver MUST have a full face helmet meeting the SNELL, 2005 or newer rating.
14. All vehicles must have at least one working taillight.
15. All hubcaps and trim rings must be removed.
16. All drivers running vehicles 13.99 or quicker MUST have a helmet meeting the SNELL, 2005 or newer rating.
17. Slicks are allowed.
18. NO PASSENGERS ARE PERMITTED!
19. If you run quicker than 9.99 seconds you must have an NHRA license.
20. Unaltered 2008 OEM model-year and newer production cars running slower than 9.99 and 135MPH do not have to meet the requirements and specifications for the Summit Racing Series except for the following: Convertibles and T-tops must meet Summit Racing Series roll bar and roll cage requirements, all drivers must meet the Summit Racing Series helmet and protective clothing requirements.

Old 02-26-2016, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Brendocee55
Think all i would have to do is just tape off the ends of the speaker wires that run to the subs from the amp
Hi `Brendon,
Seriously, it's really not going help that much to go to the trouble of doing it... Unless, you are racing someone for $'s. (then maybe + take a good dump (LOL) I would just have fun & enjoy the experience... Instead of a 16.05, you may get a 16.o4 sec & not even a mile an hour faster...At least in my experience of drag racing in Orlando...

Those are good rule & I hope the track enforces them...There's a few people that race, that should not...

Lets see what other member's post...Wish you lots of safe/fun & enjoy the experience....Oh, keep your racing on the track (WoW, I must be getting old O O O O `No LOL >EnJoy<

Old 02-27-2016, 10:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not often I hear anyone taking a 3400 W-body to the track (normally it's the N-body guys with the 3400's at the track).
Awesome stuff!!! Share what happens! And I am sure we can find more mods for you lol.