Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   3.5L Monte VS 292 HP Cadillac DTS (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/3-5l-monte-vs-292-hp-cadillac-dts-19112/)

MAMONTE 03-03-2010 11:28 AM

3.5L Monte VS 292 HP Cadillac DTS

So while I was in Texas, I just had to race my grandpas 2007 Cadillac DTS with the Northstar 4.6, the performance package has it putting out 292 HP!

Well, the results were close on all accounts...

Once, my mom was driving the Cadillac, and I went WOT at a stop light, not know we were racing, my mom had a delayed reaction before going WOT, and I had 3 car lengths on the Caddy, and the Monte was keeping the gap for the most part.

Another time, my grandpa and I raced off a light (both knowing we were going for it). The Monte took the initial jump for literally one bumper length, and then the Caddy pulled ahead by 1 car length (my front bumper was at his rear bumper). Keep in mind, he only had himself in the car, I had myself and 3 others in the car, so I definitely had a disadvantage with extra passengers.

Anther try I went WOT at 35 MPH (I got the inital WOT) and then he did too...Monte was ahead by half a car length, and kept it.

ALL in ALL, I would say the Cadillac is faster than my Monte, but HARDLY. My car was keeping up with that Cadillac damn well. Needless to say, my grandpa was kinda disappointed in the race. He was glad that he edged in front of me, but was pretty shocked that my car was right on his ass. He was even more shocked that he was NEVER able to pull ahead of me or even get next to me if I was the one that got that split second advantage by going WOT first. :D I was pretty impressed with the results myself, but not all that surprised. I told him several times that I did not think his car would be that much faster than mine, he just did not believe me.

I am now pretty confident that I could beat a regular DTS (without the performance package) because those have 275 HP.

Obviously the reason my car car keep up with his car, even though I have less power is because my car weighs less.

All of our races were up to about 60 MPH, I would not go faster than that on the streets with having passengers in my car. Based on the way things went in the race, I have to say, I think my grandpas DTS would probably pull a little more on my Monte had we raced to higher speeds.

mrl390 03-03-2010 11:50 AM

Those caddys weight just over 4000lbs. That would be like the weight of your car plus 3 extra passengers at all times, lol. BTW, good race, those northstars are no slouches.

MAMONTE 03-03-2010 12:04 PM

I know, I figured the extra 3 passengers got our weights much closer, and my car still did damn good. So obviously if we were just racing with drivers only in both cars, my car would have just shined even more.

And you're right, those Northstars are damn quick! :)

vita 03-03-2010 01:15 PM

Nice trials! I want your grandpa and your mom. Mine would never race anything I had. Hell, I did a chirp on my monte and my mom got scared.

ChibiBlackSheep 03-03-2010 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by vita (Post 205590)
I want your grandpa and your mom.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

pizzarrhea 03-03-2010 01:47 PM

^^^lololol

MAMONTE 03-03-2010 02:25 PM

LOL! :) :P

Lead foots run in my family! hahaha

bumpin96monte 03-03-2010 03:48 PM

I want your grandpa and your mom.

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 205591)
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's hilarious....

Anybody know a good psych ward? :p

Cowboy6622 03-03-2010 07:20 PM

Shoot, the preacher of my church one time when I was pulling out said "Let me here that exhaust when you pull out of here!" That's our culture! :)

It definitely must be the weight. I would think that Cadillac would hold its own, but it only has about 80 hp on you!

ChibiBlackSheep 03-04-2010 08:50 AM

^^^

That one is just TOO EASY to make fun of :P