PRIVATE Wanted Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Wanted: A huge favor or some advice...

Old 10-03-2009, 01:18 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Red face Wanted: A huge favor or some advice...

Well for some time now ive had my damaged monte, and ive been able to locate all my parts in the same color as my car. The last piece that i needed was a fender for it, that took me forever to find in black.

one day on ebay, i noticed this seller located in Indiana had one up for bid, and the listing stated PICK UP ONLY. I pleaded with the man and asked if he would ship it to me, but he was charging $150 from Indiana to MIAMI FL...

He relisted the item several times and no one bought it from him...IT was a good deal tho.... 50 bucks black fender (original)!

i put ads up on craigslist regarding anyone who is travelling from IN to FL, and offered $$$ for anyone to pick it up and bring it to me...saw some potential there...

So i felt impulsive and i just bought the fender, just so he wouldnt sell it to anyone else... knowing how of a potentially stupid choice that was...

IM kinda stuck now, because now i need to find out how i can get that item picked up or arranged for shipping?

is there a way to arrange shipping for something without you actually being there???

ALSO IF ANYONE HERE LIVES IN INDIANA ... AROUND ELWOOD, AND CAN ACTUALLY PICK THE ITEM UP FOR ME AND SHIP IT I WOULD BE VERY GR$ATFULL !!! ANY TAKERS???

Old 10-03-2009, 03:44 PM

just take a road trip, then you know its in good hands and the longer you wait to do this, whos not to say the seller wont sell it anyways.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

have you pay him yet? if not email him and explain the situation and tell him you will paypal him little $$ ($10 or $20) for the mistake. happen to me once and i sent him $10 so he won't give a negative feedback...and he work with me. i might help out here.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/1403303890.html

Old 10-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

what would the dims be on a package that big, length x width x height, how big would the box need to be to ship it?? just wondering, you could or i could issue a call tag and have UPS pick it up at his residence and ship it to your address! i would need specifics on what the actual size would be to possibly make this happen, let me know. i may be able to help! my guess would be that the shipping charge may be expensive, probably around $70 to $80 bucks????

i would also need both adresses, you can PM me that info!!!

Old 10-04-2009, 12:44 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

OK heres the situation: I found the fender on ebay first and emailed the guy to see a shipping quote... He responded and said $150 w. UPS plus the $50 for the fender ($200) total... I emailed back stating how rediculous the shipping is and to use USPS but he doesnt use that service he claimed. I then decided not to bid on the item...

THEN I STARED AT MY CAR...

Then, i decided, heck, i can probably get this problem solved, and somehow through craigslist or some miracle get the item shipped...the listing ended and no-one bid on it...
TWICE... I emailed the man, told him that no one wants the fender, i do though and lets skip ebay, just through paypal... more $$ for him he refused at first, but then budged...

SO i payed him his money ($50) and i told him that i would eventually get someone to pick it up...

So the fender is mine, just not here with me...
good thing is i cant get negative feedback, since we didnt do the transaction through ebay...which i know its kinda risky...

BTW I WAS THINKING ABOUT THAT ROAD TRIP... THAT WAY I CAN HOP OVER TO ILLINOIS AND PICK UP THAT REAR HI SPORT BUMPER FROM THAT OTHER EBAY AUCTION HAHAHA...BUT ITL JUST BE PLAIN CRAZY...