Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE Wanted Classifieds (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/private-wanted-classifieds-19/)
-   -   looking for A pillar units for 04 monte carlo (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/private-wanted-classifieds-19/looking-pillar-units-04-monte-carlo-22128/)

eviling 07-20-2010 05:57 PM

looking for A pillar units for 04 monte carlo

I need driver and passenger side A frame pillar plastic peice, i'm planing to do some custom mountings and i wanna save the origonal A frame peices for when i sell the car.

04MonteLS 07-20-2010 10:00 PM

If you get a hold of these, you absolutely MUST do a very informative and detailed write up of how to glass in the pods. If you don't I will hunt you down and force you to listen to Miley Cyrus music until your ears bleed.

eviling 07-21-2010 09:42 AM

glass them in? just bondo and fiberglass buddy. I was going to just use an MDF circle cut out, hot glued, wrap the back cone with light gauge paper, and use that to fiberglass over. thats my method, many methods to it.
I have a picture runt hrough of how it's done.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_yVcOqgVigx0/S_...2/IMG_1066.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_yVcOqgVigx0/S_...2/DSCN2073.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_yVcOqgVigx0/S_...2/DSCN2086.JPG
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_yVcOqgVigx0/TA...2/DSCN2096.JPG

those aren't the same A pillars, but they';re similar, I'm doing a 4" driver, i think this guy did a 3" or a 2.5" driver.

04MonteLS 07-21-2010 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by eviling (Post 248568)
glass them in? just bondo and fiberglass buddy.

LOL. That's what "glassing" is, fiberglass to get the shape, strength, bondo to smoothen it all out for finishing.

nemesis 07-22-2010 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by eviling (Post 248388)
I need driver and passenger side A frame pillar plastic peice, i'm planing to do some custom mountings and i wanna save the origonal A frame peices for when i sell the car.

you still need them i have both sides. $25 for both plus actual ups shipping. i sent the driver side to member here and shipping was like $25 and that's no joke either. cuz of the size that's why it cost a lot. with 2 it might be $30- $35. let me know if you want them.

eviling 07-23-2010 03:00 PM

hmm, you sure their the right gen? i believe mine are black, you got some images? you shoudl be able to do better with usps. they might charge more for the size, but it should be less than ups.

nemesis 07-23-2010 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by eviling (Post 249606)
hmm, you sure their the right gen? i believe mine are black, you got some images? you shoudl be able to do better with usps. they might charge more for the size, but it should be less than ups.

00-05 are same sh*t. mine are black too. reason i send ups cuz you get them faster. i can send usps cheapest mail but will take a week or so for delivery and it gonna still cost some money too cuz of oversize item. give me your city and state and will get quote for you from usps and ups. trust me once they are boxed up those pieces are long. pm "wildnorth" cuz i sent him the driver side.

eviling 07-23-2010 11:00 PM

germansville, 18053.

time is not a matter, i won't have my speakers for over 2 weeks, i'm waiting on an RMA on a defective cross over :(

i'd still like a picture just to make 100% we're talking the same part ;')

nemesis 07-23-2010 11:38 PM

what state is germanville? man you don't trust me don't you? you want the passenger and driver side A pillar. let me describe the pillar for you: the pillar have one metal clip on them and have foam padding inside . i'll get pic tomorrow.

eviling 07-24-2010 12:52 AM

i did the leg work for ya, by chi town i assume you mean chicago, i did it at like 8 lbs, 48x10x10", figuire a box around that size unless you can get it in a 10" tube or something. but anyways, with that messurement from pa, 18053 you can get it for about 39$ usps prioeity (sucks i know) but i think if it's under a certain weight and the lengths of the girth and length dont exceed 109" you can do parcial post. whitch will be like 15$ don't do snail mail, that **** would be all beat up by the time i ever saw it than :| package well ;)

it's no offense to you, just protical, ive been wheeling and dealing for many years online and it's just best to fallow certain guidelines. first and formost...picture to prove the item exists, with some sort of tag in the img to prove its theres (IE a name and date) . second, a good rep, so on and so forth.

nemesis 07-24-2010 12:34 PM

i was just trying to help you, but if you worry that i'm gonna scam you maybe you shouldn't buy from me. i do have a full time job and hit the yard once or twice a week looking for parts that someone might need or have hard time finding. believe me this is like a hobby to me lol. i found 2 monte carlo that were part out and i took most of the parts that are not destroyed. post up a thread asking have anybody ever bought stuff from me in the past and have i ever ripped them off.

i don't hardly make any money selling here anyway unless it's a rarelity parts. here's how my price i charge, taking my time to find or get the parts, packaging material (bubble wrap, and box) and actual shipping.

here's what piss me off let say someone needing certain parts and i went out and got for them and they back out, now i'm stuck with the parts i have no use for them.

ok about your usps $15 shipping, it's gonna be very hard to put it in a 10" tube you talking about cuz i don't know where or who selling that kind of tube and that long. ups have them but not that big the pillar is a long piece that have a curve on one end. like i said i ship one to one member here and he's happy with it. on something with odd shape like that i usually make my own box cuz you want to make the box as small as you can but not damaging the parts inside so the postal won't charge you some crazy postal shipping. i had bought something in the past online and saw how some people don't give a sh*t wrapping up the parts good and by the time you receive the part it was broken or damage. see that's the different between me and some joe sausage head. i make sure who ever buy from me they will get their money worth and all the parts in one piece. i will hAVE PIC TO PROVE TO YOU THAT I HAVE BOTH SIDE PILLARS AND THEY DO EXIST. AFTER THE PIC I WANT YOU TO THINK DEEP AND HARD BEFORE BUYING THEM TO BE SURE THAT WHEN YOU GET THE PACKAGE AND OPEN UP AND INSIDE THE BOX ALL YOU FIND IS BUNCHES OF NEWSPAPER AND TREE BRANCHES.

eviling 07-24-2010 12:39 PM

wow man, i told you its nothing personal. lol it's fine. I just wanted a picture idk why your making such a big fus over it, we'll do 50$ if you are more confortble with that. i was just trying to save a penny, but if you feel it'll get damaged thats fine.

we'll finish this in PM. i'll PM you in a minute.

nemesis 07-24-2010 12:53 PM

LOL i'm not mad i'm just trying to get my message across that i am not that kind of person. it's the shipping that cost the most. those pillars are cheap i got them about $10 after tax each. illinois tax sux.

eviling 07-24-2010 01:05 PM

Heh a picture would of converted the same message :) lol. Check your mail I pmd you

nemesis 07-24-2010 01:10 PM

the clip on the right in the first pic is the one i have to use epoxy on. the epoxy bond on the clip pretty strong. you can't even tell it was broken off, beside the clip is from the inside and you not going to see anyway. i didn't have time to put date and such when taking pic. the clip is all that broked off and i described the best of my knowlege. if you still not satisfied well you know what to do!!!

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...4/IMG_2480.jpg
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...4/IMG_2478.jpg
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...4/IMG_2477.jpg

eviling 07-25-2010 02:43 PM

that dont seem right to me, why are their 2 tail ends? does the one go along the front of the dash or into it? i havnt looked at it, but it doesnt look like the one end gos anywhere, just looked to me like it just ended there.

nemesis 07-25-2010 03:44 PM

that's because the pillar on the monte is different that the grand prix the top tail tuck in to the back pillar by the back window and the bottom tail also tuck in behind the dash. do me a favor and take off your stocker and compare to the pic.

04MonteLS 07-25-2010 05:17 PM

Wow, overreact much? I never seen someone get so pissy about being asked to provide a picture for something he/she was trying to sell. Not that seeing a picture would prevent from getting ripped off but at least he would know that what he's paying for is the correct item.

nemesis 07-25-2010 10:08 PM

it's not over reacting it's the way he's questioning me. i told him earlier that i sold one (1) driver side pillar to a member from minnesota shipping by ups was $25 and he thinks that's too much $$ on shipping. i charged the other member $15 for one (1) pillar plus actual shipping. evil is complaining that i should sell him two pillars for $15 not $25. if you break that down i'm only charging him $12.50 each and he's getting the driver side and passenger side. you guys got to understand this these are not the extra parts i have laying in the garage i have to drive a distance and taking my time to get them for you. i feel sorry for you that you looking for parts and you having hard time finding them that's why i want to help out. look at this i got the pictures up for him and he's still whining. well here you go evil you ask for pics and i posted to prove to you that they EXIST. as far as selling to you forget it i have no time.

*edit* anybody (except eviling) wants these driver/passenger post it here cuz you can have them FREE just pay for shipping and they are yours!!!

wildnorth29 07-26-2010 12:18 AM

well i know you pm'd me evil but i figured i'd throw a reply on here too after i saw that thread and read most of it, but to anyone, silver bullitt did a great job packaging that pillar, (nice box by the way bullitt, forgot to mention that in a pm), item came quick and was in good shape, also i know it's for the same generation and although those pics look funny, but you really need to research the part your getting before you start asking about it and purchase it, otherwise the part in the picture obviously might not look correct, but the long slender portion of the piece runs along the top of your headliner against the door, where the thick center covers the pillar itself, and the small bottom trim piece runs on the very end of the dash behind like the fuses and against the door. Overall, i was very pleased, Bullitt did a good job informing me on my trim piece, and i'd give him a thumbs up to anyone who asked about purchasing parts through him.

As for his price, i thought he was fair, for a part that was slightly used, in good shape, and was shipped quickly, bout $40 bucks wasn't bad at all compared to the dealership tellin me that it would be 80+ for the part i think

eviling 07-26-2010 12:12 PM

after looking at it, i can confirm it is the right pillar, and i can confirm the damn clips are junk, they all tried to come off on me when i tried to pull it off. sigh, gonna be a pain in the ass i see hopfully there are no problems when i do go to do this project.

on your picture i dont see the top clip, i see the plastic lip that hangs off the unit thats is where the clip came off on me, do you have the metal clip or will i have to use mine?

nemesis 07-26-2010 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by wildnorth29 (Post 250230)
well i know you pm'd me evil but i figured i'd throw a reply on here too after i saw that thread and read most of it, but to anyone, silver bullitt did a great job packaging that pillar, (nice box by the way bullitt, forgot to mention that in a pm), item came quick and was in good shape, also i know it's for the same generation and although those pics look funny, but you really need to research the part your getting before you start asking about it and purchase it, otherwise the part in the picture obviously might not look correct, but the long slender portion of the piece runs along the top of your headliner against the door, where the thick center covers the pillar itself, and the small bottom trim piece runs on the very end of the dash behind like the fuses and against the door. Overall, i was very pleased, Bullitt did a good job informing me on my trim piece, and i'd give him a thumbs up to anyone who asked about purchasing parts through him.

As for his price, i thought he was fair, for a part that was slightly used, in good shape, and was shipped quickly, bout $40 bucks wasn't bad at all compared to the dealership tellin me that it would be 80+ for the part i think

thank you wildnorth29 for your feedback!! LOL i know my box is is not the best looking but i'm not gonna have them ups raped me on shipping cuz of the box size. lot of tape and bubble wrap work great!!! i know you not gonna like hearing this " i had never ripped anybody on this forum off by selling parts that does not belong or fit in the monte" i have a lot of respect for all you guys/girls and some i had met in person. i have full time job like everybody and i'm not even making money selling these parts. i'm just helping members out. this is what pissed me off when going to junk yard, there are other idiots that go there and destroy parts that other needs. i'm talking about smashing the tail lights, headlights, etc. the 6th gen monte carlo are real hard to find they hardly exist believe me i saw a lot in the street but not at a junk yard. that's why if i see one and there are some good parts someone here might need later i snatch them before some low life idiots destroy them to pieces.

ok on with pillar fitment it's just like what wildnorth29 described. if you look at the first pic there are only one metal clip just like the pic on each of the pillar. the clip push in the windshield frame.

on the second pic as you can see the plastic tabs those actually clip on to a metal piece inside the door frame. when you pull off the stock one out, the tabs should look like pic. it's not that hard. just be careful when when pulling out the metal clip (first pic) try to grab on the clip if you can when pulling off this way the clip won't break off. if it does break off then you have to glue back on.

eviling 07-26-2010 07:15 PM

alright. welll let me know when you got that shipping quote, guy with my speakers told me he would be finished with the RMA by this friday, and hopfully shipped twords me friday or monday, whitch should arive by the fallow friday, the 6th of aug. so we got some play time but i'd like it if we could get em out before this week if your not to busy my friend :)

is that what gen my car is, 6th gen? hmm i really like the 6th gen, none of the montes have the lines this car has, i apsolutly love them. the seam going across the door panels and the trunk are on the side are just awsome. i'm not surprise their aren't many in junk yards yet, there still so new :)

nemesis 07-26-2010 09:13 PM

believe me i have quite a few hard to find parts that i keep for myself in case the one in my car now broke. i have to box them up first this way the shipping quote will be exact or close to what it will cost.

04MonteLS 07-26-2010 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullitt (Post 250181)
it's not over reacting it's the way he's questioning me. i told him earlier that i sold one (1) driver side pillar to a member from minnesota shipping by ups was $25 and he thinks that's too much $$ on shipping. i charged the other member $15 for one (1) pillar plus actual shipping. evil is complaining that i should sell him two pillars for $15 not $25. if you break that down i'm only charging him $12.50 each and he's getting the driver side and passenger side. look at this i got the pictures up for him and he's still whining. well here you go evil you ask for pics and i posted to prove to you that they EXIST. as far as selling to you forget it i have no time.

*edit* anybody (except eviling) wants these driver/passenger post it here cuz you can have them FREE just pay for shipping and they are yours!!!

I think it was just a miscommunication as far as the shipping was concerned. You wanted to send UPS due to faster shipping, he wanted to send USPS cause he wanted to save a buck and wasn't concerned about how fast it got there. When he said that, he asked for a picture AGAIN, to make sure it was the correct part. You replied to him "you don't trust me don't you?" and instead of posting up a picture like he had asked for twice, you just described the part to him. I wouldn't buy something from someone online w/o seeing a picture of the exact item i'm wanting to buy from that person either. Can't blame him for that.

Maybe eviling doesn't have a full time job which is why saving a buck was more important that fastest shipping, I don't know. But I have been on this board for a while now and have never seen anyone have anything bad to say about a transaction with you, I don't think that's a reason to automatically assume everyone should just take your word though.

Hopefully you guys can make this transaction happen and hopefully you can see things from the other side of the fence so next time you won't be so apprehensive about posting up a picture of an item you're trying to sell to someone.

nemesis 07-26-2010 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by eviling (Post 250484)
so we got some play time but i'd like it if we could get em out before this week if your not to busy my friend :)

04monteLS, here's something you need to know when shipping ups. you automaticly get insurance for lost or damage item up to $100. usps does not insure that. you have to buy insurance for it. not only that because it's gonna be an over size item it's going to be just as much as ups or higher. i think ups is cheaper on over sized box to tell the truth. it is cheaper to ship usps to canada and foreign that i know of. i told him i will get him both quotes. i forgive his evil @ss for doubting me that's why i'm going to go ahead and sell to him and end this loopy thread. btw this thread was started out more on shipping and what i charged him, but i'm not going to get into that again so let's leave it be for now.

evil-ness like i said i'm gonna box them up first this way when it's ready to ship the weight and size will be same as when i have it quote.

end of this thread on me and evil-ness disagreement!!!

04MonteLS 07-26-2010 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullitt (Post 250543)
04monteLS, here's something you need to know when shipping ups. you automaticly get insurance for lost or damage item up to $100. usps does not insure that.

LOL. Thanks for telling me that, i've had a corporate account with UPS for 12yrs and never knew that:rolleyes:. I'm not the one who said he would save a buck by going with USPS, I just conveyed his motivation for wanting to go USPS in order to drive home my point that you guys just weren't looking at this from the same point of view, that's all. But you guys have it all worked out now so no worries;)

eviling 07-27-2010 09:34 AM

i dont have a job :( im laid off, and im going to school in a month

nemesis 07-27-2010 07:29 PM

i'm sorry to hear that, but if you do buy them i will post up the receipt from the postal or ups. i haven't wrap them up yet. so do still want them for sure? i hate to buy the bubble wrap, those are not cheap either and if the shipping is too much and you decide to back out then i'm gonna end up with bubble wrap. or maybe i can just box them up without the bubble wrap and get a quote first and if you like the shipping price and i'm sure it gonna be a couple dollars more or less shipped with bubble wrap.

eviling 07-27-2010 07:33 PM

nah im fine with money, just get that quote before the weeks out, the build is a go :)

04MonteLS 07-27-2010 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by eviling (Post 250636)
i dont have a job :( im laid off, and im going to school in a month

damn i'm good;)

nemesis 07-31-2010 08:29 PM

have couple quotes for you

ups $121

usps $68 that's the cheapest shipping. about 6 days for delivery

eviling 08-01-2010 12:55 AM

ahh thats a bit to much i'm afraid. i'm sorry but i can't pay that kind of shipping in all good conciouness on something i technacly already have, i'll cross the bridge of replacing the A pilliar should i ever sell the car. sorry to waste your time, hope you can sell the pillars though.

nemesis 08-01-2010 07:37 AM

you did not waste my time at all. the only things you waste are reading your whiney @ss comments LMFAO, wrapping tape and boxes lucky i got them free from work.

eviling 08-01-2010 11:09 AM

seriously? you have some real issues going on here buddy if you feel like i was the annoying party i this transaction because your 20 min rants on every single comment i make are no fun to read, in fact i stopped reading them after about the 2nd time you did it. i tried to be piolite and you bad mouth me like that, thats just ****ing rude. grow up.

nemesis 08-01-2010 11:04 PM

no issue on my side here, but answer my question here. why you pm me telling me to get quotes from ups and usps and money is no issue for you and you need to continue with the project? look at this i'm doing you another favor again by running to ups and usps on my only day off work. gee thanks a lot george!! i think on the 2nd or 3rd page i said i wasn't gonna sell to you anymore and i know you read that part. well you should back out right there and we wouldn't be having 4 pages of BS.

Enzo354 08-02-2010 03:38 AM

Lol If i was a mod Id be finding the lock button right about now.

red04montels 08-02-2010 04:05 PM

well...ryan does kind of have a point, but i guess it could be expressed elsewhere.

nemesis 08-02-2010 09:55 PM

i'm not mad at evil at all. i was just trying to get to my point. beside it's a whole new week and i'm looking forward to start fresh. as a matter of fact i been thinking that evil can have the pillars for FREE cuz i have no use for it. just pay the $68 shipping i will even take pic of the receipt and post in this thread on the shipping cost if he want me to.

btw brock aren't you suppose to make me a new sig? and mitch if evil doesn't want the pillar why don't you take it cuz i know you like to do project like this.

Pure2sin 08-02-2010 10:58 PM

Hmm reading through this thread was like going in circles. For the potential buyer: Don't buy off here if you don't like how it is done. Ebay has exactly what you are looking for or try a junk yard cause where do you think Silver got them from? I am also pretty sure the buyer is an adult and can talk for himself/herself without anyone trying to stand up for him/her lol. Stop all the BS and try this site below or call a few places yourself. I mean at this point you have worn the guy down so much he wants to give them away lol.

http://car-part.com/

Now a mod can lock it up! lol