PRIVATE For Sale/Trade Classifieds This is for active members of the forum. Spammers will be deleted and banned! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Jeff Gordon Monte for $2000?? Whats up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Jeff Gordon Monte for $2000?? Whats up?

Going through our local classifieds and came across this ad. Is this guy trying to scam people or what??

I copied and pasted the ad and also did a link for the ad.

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Miles: 85,000

Marbleton, WY | Posted January 16, 2013

$2,50000

Used Car For Sale By Owner

MONTE CARLO SS JEFF GORDON SPECIAL EDITION ,They only made 2,424 of these cars and all of them are numbered.The monte is in ecellent shape inside and out.I have the car registered in my name but the original loan on the car went into collections due to a divorce and was eventually charge off by the credit lender.This is most definitly a collecter ,or someone that has a standard monte carlo could put the two together and have one of only a few that are still around!!!! The car is road ready and quite the eye catcher with the blue ghost flames and jeff gordon signiture in a few spots on the car ,along with the hendrickson suspension,and actual nascar tires that are Z rated witch i am told are 220mph tires.

Specifications
Year:

Make:
Chevrolet

Model:

Monte Carlo

Body:

Coupe

Mileage:

VIN:

2G1WX12K939354404

Title Type:

Salvage Title

Here is the link to the actual ad with pictures....

http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/287814

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 01-16-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM

No title.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

^Exactly

Old 01-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
No title.
Meaning he is not able to produce a title as the bank owns the car and he is trying to scam someone into buying it, only to never be able to receive a title to the car. What a bad person........ I wonder if he will try to talk the unsuspecting buyer into taking a bill of sale and then have the buyer petition the title holder for a title saying they have a bill of sale for the car...

Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Once a vehicle is salvage titled:
The law in Michigan is its a parts only vehicle (by the scrapyard) and can never be retitled road worthy...

This sounds awfull fishy to me....aka scam...
with that low a production of that model and mileage..if it was legally titled..
It would be worth way more than hes askn for it...

If it sounds to good to be true...Theres something definately wrong!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:33 PM

This is definitely a scam. No title, salvage car, and he also listed it as a 3.4L engine. This guy is trying to rip an unsuspecting buyer off for sure..

Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 AM

The KSL listings are a target for scammers. The listings are based in Utah and generally speaking, cars listed outside UT (except Idaho I suppose) are going to be suspect.

That said, even a lot listed within UT are suspect.

KSL doesn't police their classifieds very well, only if you're selling specific items that are subject to their TOS, and cars aren't one of them.

I've gotten some deals though!

I've also sold my used vehicles rather quickly on the same site.

Buyer beware they say.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:07 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Heck, if it was fixed decent and you can come up with a recovered title, wouldn't be too bad of a buy.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 AM

Damn same how much for the lower ground effects??

Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I took the VIN to CarFax and without paying for info, it comes back an '03 Monte Carlo SS (as I don't think CarFax goes down to the package, such as the signature editions or Pace Cars). It's the right year to ba a JG car. The SS info from the vin helps support that along with the correct colors, pics appear to have the sale panel badging and the rims.

I'm willing to bet the problem is just what he said:
I have the car registered in my name but the original loan on the car went into collections due to a divorce and was eventually charge off by the credit lender.
There probably is nothing wrong with it, he does not want to pursue getting the title (as they probably want him to make a large pay off on a car he moved past at this point). There are ways for people to obtain titles when they are "lost" (don't ask me what it is as I hope to never go down that road).

Bottom line, I'm willing to bet it's not a scam, it's not a salvage title. The guy is giving this thing away at a really low price as who ever buys it will have their hands full getting the title (and who knows, if this car is wrapped up in part of a divorce, perhaps he has to give half it's sale price to the ex).

If someone had a SERIOUS interest in it, contact the guy, look the car over, obtain as MUCH info as you can (such as who's the company holding the title right now), make some phone calls and find out, what needs done to get the title.
It might be worth the effort for that price or you may say it's too much of a pain.

Quick Reply: Jeff Gordon Monte for $2000?? Whats up?