PRIVATE For Sale/Trade Classifieds This is for active members of the forum. Spammers will be deleted and banned! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Custom Hand-Painted Artwork not Airbrushed..

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010 | 09:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

actually im looking and maybe thats not a good idea lol theres all the stuff saying which is which fuse... any ideas of anything else maybe?

Old 07-16-2010 | 09:58 PM
|
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Originally Posted by trewyn15
i have mine from the factory lol
Really? Mine is 2 halves with covers with labels on them...yours has one big cover?

Old 07-16-2010 | 10:03 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montelicious
Really? Mine is 2 halves with covers with labels on them...yours has one big cover?
no mines like you described, i was wrong lol

im not sure what else could be painted except for my intake cover, but i wouldnt wanna copy ya haha im trying to think of interior parts that would looks good tho

Old 07-16-2010 | 10:04 PM
|

Oh man, that engine cover looks like it is dying for a design! hehe

Old 07-16-2010 | 10:12 PM
10 Year Member

haha thats what my gf said but it looks like it would be a pain to ship, any ideas of what you might be able to do?

Old 07-16-2010 | 10:16 PM
|

Well there is alot of nice open space on it. Not that bad to ship, maybe ship it in a usps flat rate box for like 7.00, should be light.....and you can still drive while it is off...I don't know, why don't you 2 discuss it and pm me with some things you might like....

Old 07-17-2010 | 05:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Don't use a flat rate box. It'd be $11, and it's so light you could ship it USPS priority mail for about $6-7 like you said.

Old 07-17-2010 | 07:56 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Mitch find a decent box cut cut it down to size and remember to give it just a little room without bending, this is the box Lisa will need to return the painted cover in so you dont want it crammed in....as Wayne said tho usps is going to be cheapest by weight...first class will have it to Jersey in three days . Lisa is ready to get started and just a bit of inticement for you on monday I'm shipping her panel along with two items for painting so it's best you let her get started on yours......You've seen her work and I'm very interested to see what she can do with the cover.....
Lisa I've spoke with the Father-n-law sign painter and his only suggestion when dealing with plastics or the pvc and plexi I'll be sending is to clean well with rubbing alcohol and acrylics will hold nicely....Take car and you will have your panel and my boards mid week....that was a pink bow tie right

Old 07-17-2010 | 11:17 AM
|

Originally Posted by jarheadbobandmax
Mitch find a decent box cut cut it down to size and remember to give it just a little room without bending, this is the box Lisa will need to return the painted cover in so you dont want it crammed in....as Wayne said tho usps is going to be cheapest by weight...first class will have it to Jersey in three days . Lisa is ready to get started and just a bit of inticement for you on monday I'm shipping her panel along with two items for painting so it's best you let her get started on yours......You've seen her work and I'm very interested to see what she can do with the cover.....
Lisa I've spoke with the Father-n-law sign painter and his only suggestion when dealing with plastics or the pvc and plexi I'll be sending is to clean well with rubbing alcohol and acrylics will hold nicely....Take car and you will have your panel and my boards mid week....that was a pink bow tie right
Thanks Tim! Yeah right, a pink bowtie, lol! I can't wait to get my paintbrush moving! Yeah, that's what I thought with the rubbing alcohol. And today makes it a week and no takers on the free filler plate artwork....too bad.

Old 07-17-2010 | 03:53 PM
10 Year Member

i gotta find a box, i cant really think of any designs that would go good tho, or at least dont know of anything atm, im not in a creative mood, on lunch break =p

Quick Reply: Custom Hand-Painted Artwork not Airbrushed..