PRIVATE For Sale/Trade Classifieds This is for active members of the forum. Spammers will be deleted and banned! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 2005 Monte Carlo SS - $15,500 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Default 2005 Monte Carlo SS - $15,500 OBO

It is ridiciously clean, babied and practically brand new. It is the last year this model was in production, the car only has 30,700 miles on it over 8 years. Miles will continue to go up until the car is sold because this is my only means of transportation at the moment. This car has been taken great care of since I got it, done oil changes literally almost every 3000 miles, havent missed one and never let it go overdue. I have the original owner's manual and the interior is impeccable. There are very few upgrades to the car which include: cold air intake and a shorter supercharger pulley. I just serviced the transmission and used Royal Purple MAX ATF, pretty much the best money can buy. I enjoyed this car very much but it is time for someone else to enjoy it more than I can, I'm selling it because I recently got a new job which requires me to drive around long island and I do not want to put all this mileage on my practically brand new car for work. This car is honestly one of a kind, not something you see driving down the road everyday. Great car, reliable, big trunk and lots of room in the two front seats. It can seat 5 but seats 4 comfortably. I have an aftermarket radio in the car at the moment but when the car is sold you will get the factory installed radio not the aftermarket radio. If you're looking for a cheap dinky car to get you by then this is not the car for you, if you're looking for a great, reliable, low mileage sleeper than this is the car for you. Do not sleep on this car, come take a look for yourself. My name is Vinny please call me if you'd like to see any more pictures of the car or have any other questions. My number is 516-404-2989, I am located in Long Island, New York.

Best way to get in touch with me is cell phone, I will only check the thread 1-2 times a day. Call me if you're interested. I am reasonable, I will let the car go to the person with the right and fair price for us both but I'm not just giving it away. Offer me the worst I can say is no.

VIN #:2G1WZ121559274781

**I WILL RUN A CARFAX UPON REQUEST**
**I AM OPEN TO OFFERS**

Last edited by vinny1293; 05-19-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

GLWS, Very nice Monte for sure, yet in my opinion your price is pretty steep. You might pull $8000 or so from it on a good day...

Old 05-19-2013, 11:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's an impressive looking car, great color combo.

I understand what it means to keep a car with miles that low and keep it pampered. Just my opinion, I think your price is on the high side.

Good luck with your sale!

Old 05-19-2013, 12:42 PM

The car is easily worth 13,500. check ebay and other sites its what they're going for. That's why I said I am OPEN TO OFFERS!! The worst I can say is no

Old 05-19-2013, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
It's an impressive looking car, great color combo.

I understand what it means to keep a car with miles that low and keep it pampered. Just my opinion, I think your price is on the high side.

Good luck with your sale!
I am open to offers, I will consider what people offer, like I said the worst thing I can say is no..

Old 05-19-2013, 02:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by vinny1293
The car is easily worth 13,500. check ebay and other sites its what they're going for. That's why I said I am OPEN TO OFFERS!! The worst I can say is no
The name of selling a car is typically asking a high dollar and willing to take offer, no argument there.

Before I continue, I am not trying to make a fight. You sincerely sound like you have a reasonable attitude with your sale. But, you got my curiosity perked, so I am sharing what I found.

I was guessing KBB.com would value your car at the highest of $9000. But, I did a look up and in Excellent condition, your car values at $12,439 for Private Party value on KBB.com!!! It has to be the low miles.

Next, I checked eBay for ALL 2000-2005 Montes regardless of distance and sorted from highest to lowest price. Currently yours is 3rd down of the highest prices (highest being a Dale Earnhardt Sr at over $21,000 asking). Including yours, there are 6 Montes in this range above $10,000 (none of which have any bids, so unless they sell or get bids on them, I do not see any of these as cars "going" for that amount, they are merely "asking prices"). Of those 6, yours is the only one that is not a special package (all the others are either Pace Cars, NASCAR signature editions or one claiming to be a unique Jeff Gordon car).

Admittedly, what makes yours special is the low miles. That is truly what is hard to find about your Monte.

After those 6 I mentioned above $10,000, the next highest is asking $8,888 or best offer, which I might add, that car has over 100,000 miles! Again, mileage on your Monte makes it stand out!

When I was shopping for my Monte Carlo in 2008, I was finding ANY '00-'05 Monte SS people were asking about $13,000+ for them and this was on Montes with 120,000+ miles. For it's time, I got EXTREMELY lucky and found my '04 SS with everything I wanted (minus rims and the style spoiler I wanted) with 52,000 miles and I got it for a STEEL at $9,000 (and I knew full well, it had an accident in it's history) and this was in 2008.

Again, I feel you have a good attitude about your sale. I still think the ask is on the high side, but I've also never been in the market for an 8 year old car that is almost brand new. Given that, I honestly feel the person interested in your car would be more of a "collector" then someone looking for everyday transportation.

Best of luck with your sale. Hopefully your car finds it's new owner!!!

BTW - I love that berry color with the silver ground fx!! Not a combo I see often!!

Old 05-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Monte looks great and the mileage is very low considering the year. Sure the price is up there, but that isn't what I'm concerned with on this Monte. The main issue that I have is the smaller supercharger pulley. What size is it? If it's anything smaller then a 3.6" pulley, I'm betting that engine is getting some KR. That's what fellow Monte owners need to look at before buying it.

Otherwise, nice looking Monte and GLWS.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by zipper
The Monte looks great and the mileage is very low considering the year. Sure the price is up there, but that isn't what I'm concerned with on this Monte. The main issue that I have is the smaller supercharger pulley. What size is it? If it's anything smaller then a 3.6" pulley, I'm betting that engine is getting some KR. That's what fellow Monte owners need to look at before buying it.

Otherwise, nice looking Monte and GLWS.
It is a 3.6 pulley with the proper tune and plugs to work with the shorter pulley. I did my research lol, been driving like this for 3 years, never had an issue.