PRIVATE For Sale/Trade Classifieds This is for active members of the forum. Spammers will be deleted and banned! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 1998 Monte LS minneapolis area only

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Default 1998 Monte LS minneapolis area only

I need to sell this car!! http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...943900609.html 1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS

any offers over $300? minneapolis/st paul area only. So sad that i can't get anything for this car!! HEEEELP!

Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Default Good Luck on your Sale > Super Price $

1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS - $500 (Champlin)
<section class="userbody"> <figure class="iw">

</figure><section id="postingbody"> Has 144,454 miles. Cruise control, power door locks, power windows, power mirrors, remote... all work. Driver and passenger side air bags.

Has the 3.1 liter engine which has a loud tapping noise coming from the drivers side front cylinder. It is much worse in cold weather. Engine does run but recently has lost a lot of power when starting from a stop to the point i will not drive it anymore for fear of it stopping or locking up. Don't know what is wrong with it could be a lot of things. I have since bought a different car. Transmission also has a small (big?) problem. When driving down the road if you take your foot off the accelerator then put foot back on accelerator it will downshift then go back to gear you were in (very quickly). It does this in OD or D but not in 1st or 2nd. Very annoying, and again, i have no idea what's wrong with it.

Two rust spots behind the rear wheels, the front is cracked (don't have a clue why that happened), rear bumper has crack in it and some small door dings here and there. The interior is probably the best thing about the car. Brand new AM/FM CD player with aux input barely used. The seats are like new, only has seat covers on it because I can get dirty at work.

Has a new gas tank and spout, fuel regulator, fuel filter. New spark plugs and wires. New throttle speed sensor, air sensor, and EGR valve. Newer battery, digital voltmeter guage. Has AC but does not work (second one). Exhaust is ok muffler is starting to get some small rust holes, cruise control works but i disconnected it because accelerator stuck one time and not sure if it was the cause (throttle body was/is fine). Stock aluminum wheels painted by me 2 years ago, and bright green painted stripe, me again.

You should not trust this car to drive you anywhere, I don't. Maybe someone would want this for a parts car or possible would want to tear into it and fix it. If you live close by it might get you home without a car dolly. Has never stopped on me but i do not trust it anymore.

$500 cash. Clean title in my name. This is the end of the line, last weekend to buy this car, 8/19/2013 car is gone one way or the other. Make me an offer $$$$$

Email me at northwoodpp(@ just use one @ please)yahoo.com or call (763)493-zero426

........and no, i will not meet anyone at the parking lot of a CVS geeeez</section></section>

Old 08-18-2013, 11:58 AM

and no, i will not meet anyone at the parking lot of a CVS geeeez
, but I have candy (lol) Good Luck on your sale & let your new owner know about the MCF

Old 08-18-2013, 06:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Are you willing to part any of it out? I would be interested in taking the voltmeter and possibly some interior pieces.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by zzapultimate
Are you willing to part any of it out? I would be interested in taking the voltmeter and possibly some interior pieces.
That is what i will probably be doing. How would a person be paid when sending stuff through the mail?

BTW i just bought a baseball bat and i feel like bashing some exterior pieces, give the neighbors something to talk about lol.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:08 PM

well someone called me up and offered $250 and i could take the interior stuff out, so i took as much as i could out tonight and maybe more tomorrow morning and hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow before i leave for work.... woohooooooooooo!

Old 08-19-2013, 09:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by freetosee
well someone called me up and offered $250 and i could take the interior stuff out, so i took as much as i could out tonight and maybe more tomorrow morning and hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow before i leave for work.... woohooooooooooo!
What parts did you pull? Did you save the voltmeter gauge? What gauge is it?

Old 08-20-2013, 12:26 PM

The voltmeter was just an add-on i bought from summit and i planned on keeping it, probably put it on my new car.

In what little time i did have i pulled:

instrument bezel
instrument gauge cluster
both front bucket seats, cloth
door panels with switches and speakers
my new radio/cd player with harness, faceplate and antenna connector
glove box
sunvisors with mirrors (one lighted)
rear view mirror with lights and plastic middle piece
plastic trim around both doors, top and bottom
big plastic piece below steering column with trunk release button
both sound deadening pieces under dash
cig lighter outer piece only

all in grey.

If there is anyone that would like to buy anything let me know, not sure about shipping or how to collect payment though... anyone around minneapolis/st paul MN area?

Last edited by freetosee; 08-20-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:49 AM

well here are the ads if anyone is interested...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...016268266.html

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...019754250.html

thanks for letting me post Space!

Last edited by freetosee; 08-23-2013 at 02:51 AM.