Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

yes...another projector lights thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 12:11 PM
3 Year Member
Default yes...another projector lights thread

I planned on buying my projectors today but it turns out that revotec doesn't have anymore on ebay. I seen that is where most of you picked up your headlights and had great experiences. Is there any other seller that anyone would recommend? I messaged revotec but still haven't got an answer, just gonna cross my fingers they are going to get more in for now.

Also i searched around the forum for a while but couldn't find a tutorial on installing them. I seen a lot of people wired them into their marker lights but is there a thread hanging around that explains how or has a picture? Might be obvious when i get the lights but could always use the extra help. Thanks!

Old 03-06-2010, 07:32 PM

um are you talking about the halo projection lights. the halos get hard wired to the parking lights or the front turn signals not sure which. but if you are just getting the projector head lights with out the halo in them all you need to do is to remove the little nut on the side of the lens that is on the fender and remove the plastic strap. the old one slides out and the new one slides in. it sounds that simple and it is that simple to remove and install but it is time consuming if it is your first time removing them. ironically i had to remove the head light asembly to get to the head light bulbs. it is time consuming do to you dont want to scratch any thing. like the head lights or the paint. keep in mind hold on to your head lights incase you need them or if some one else needs a set to make up some money.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:05 AM
3 Year Member

yea i meant the projectors with the halo. I plan on keeping the stock lights just as a back up, atleast for a while.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:09 PM

you hook up the halos to the parking kight not the turn signal light. if you hook it up to the turn signal you will burn the halo out quick fast and in a hurry. so you hook it up to red to red black to black sorta say if you know what the wires are on the parking lights. what i mean about the parking lights are one of the amber lights just light and dont blink when you jave the turn signal on. before you put on the projector headlights make a note that witch one stays lit and wich one flashes when the turn signal is on. after that i am not sure wich wire is the positive for the parking light because i havent fooled with mine yet so i am sorry. you may want to have a volt meter with you to figure out what is positive and negitive so you can tap into them. just make sure you dont cut any thing just peel back the insolator with a knife on the wires and solider the lights in to make a good conection.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:25 PM
3 Year Member

alright thanks for the advice! That makes it more clear i appreciate it. Now i'm just crossing my fingers revotec will get some more in.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have the halo projectors on my car. YES, you do have to splice the wire for the park lights, and wire in the halos, why they don't come already wired that way is beyond me!

I bought mine from CTRUSA, which I just bought about a month ago. I looked just now, and did not see a posting on Ebay from them, kinda weird, because they still had them up last week. You could e-mail them at ctrusa@gmail.com.

Here is a post from another seller, with the same lights, for the same price. However, mine came with the clear LED side markers, these appear to have the orange LED side markers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...Q5fAccessories

As far a installing the lights, its easy. Once you splice in the halo wires to the parking lights, its a simple swap from the stockers to the projectors.

My passenger side headlight turned out to be defective. It was stuck pointing towards the ground, and would not adjust, and then the halo burned out after two weeks. But the drivers side one is working perfectly as designed. So I sent back the passenger side one to CTRUSA, and they are supposed to exchange it for a new one. I have not gotten the new one yet, but its been less than a week since I shipped the old one back. As of today, CTRUSA has been good in responding to my questions about the problems/ return, and so far is claiming to replace it no problems. Unless they for some reason tell me they are not exchanging the headlight, I have NO reason to not recommend CTRUSA. As for the headlights themselves, i'm hoping my passenger side light was just a fluke, and the new one will work just as well as the driverside light works.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:55 AM
3 Year Member

oops i should have mentioned i'm looking for the black ones >.<

I actually just checked my inbox though and revotec messaged me back saying they are expecting more in but didn't say when. I'm on the waiting list now but if it's any longer than a week i'm probley just gonna say screw it and buy from someone else (impatient haha)

I shouldn't have any trouble installing them now, just wanted to make sure where i had to wire the halo's into. It seems easy enough, thanks monte07 and mamonte! (good luck with your headlight btw, i'm sure they will straighten it out)

Old 03-08-2010, 11:02 AM

10 Year Member

Oh yea, you can get either the black or chrome ones from most of the places on Ebay. I know CTRUSA sells the black ones too...you just need to make sure the listing you buy from is for the black ones.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:34 AM
3 Year Member

haha well yea i knew that atleast, i'll give revotec a little bit and if they don't get them in i'll order from ctrusa, but keep in mind if i have a bad experience i'm holding you personally reponsible...okay just kidding, thanks for the recommendation

Old 03-08-2010, 11:38 AM

10 Year Member

LOL, well I will post back when I get everything back, and let you know how my experience went with the return!

Quick Reply: yes...another projector lights thread