Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Xenon spoiler.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 06:08 AM

I'll caution you about the free shipping: I ordered the spoiler and side skirts last week and am still waiting for them to get here. Yesterday CarID called me and said they couldn't ship my purchase for free because the packaging was too big, and they needed another $60. My first comment was that this sounds almost like bait and switch. I complained that it's not my issue that their website offered me the free shipping and that the reason I picked them over another supplier was because of the free shipping offer. She said she'd talk to Purchasing and would get back to me with a resolution, and I've yet to get a call back. There's really no trick to the free shipping. All you have to do is add the body kit to your order, then deduct the parts you don't want (you see an option to remove front air dam, rear air dam, etc). Do that until you're down to just the spoiler and you're all set. Unless of course they change the website by then...

Old 02-05-2011, 10:15 AM

well ill post a little update. i just sent the spoiler off today to a friend of my dads to get it painted he is only charging me 80$ to so thats way better then napa wanting 200$ just for the paint.

Paul. sorry to hear about ur luck man! i didnt order the side skirts so maybe that was why? but it sucks to hear about that. hopefully they will hook you up with the free shipping anyway. which doesnt make sense because they offer free shipping with the full body kit. which would probably be a ungodly sized box.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:49 PM

Well I'm not too worried. My order still shows valid with an ETA of tomorrow. Guess I'll know soon what they decided to do!

Old 02-08-2011, 06:39 PM

No parts yet, but they did confirm via a chat that they're shipping them at no cost.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:58 PM

hey man thats great to hear! i got mine back on sunday from my painter cost me 80$ and it looks great. but they didnt give me the mounting template so they are sending me one. hopefully i can get it mounted this weekend

Old 02-08-2011, 08:15 PM

Sweet! Pretty sure it goes without saying to get some pics up once it's bolted on. I will be a while as the Silver Slug is still tucked away for the winter, and I've got the front and rear bumper extensions waiting to be painted at the same time as the rest of the parts.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 PM

Well they took their sweet time, but I finally have a FedEx tracking number. They transmitted the info to FedEx on 02/08 and said I'd see 02/12. That's already changed because FedEx didn't pick it up until today and pushed the delivery date out to 02/16. Oh well, at least it's on the way!

Old 02-10-2011, 08:45 PM

ill definitly get pictures. looks like i have off of work on sunday so that should be the day.

hey man thats great to hear. mine too like a week and a half to ship but i did buy mine on christmas eve. but they do manufacture their parts by the order so that adds some time. but glad to hear they are on their way!

Old 02-15-2011, 01:16 PM

Just a quick update, got all the parts today. They are nice heavy molded pieces and will look awesome. I am SOOO happy I've got a good buddy that runs a body shop: $100 to paint and install everything! Woohoo!!!

Old 02-15-2011, 04:40 PM

sweet man thats a great price. i had mine painted for 100$ and that was just the spoiler. just out my post in the sights and sound section to see pictures of it mounted.

Quick Reply: Xenon spoiler.