Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Xenon Rear Valance - 4464

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by l0gitech87
hey Murder. I noticed you had the original surfboard spoiler on, just wondering if you had to weld the original holes or did the Xenon spoiler cover all 4 holes? If you can help me out with that Id greatly appreciate it man. I want to do the same to my car and install the spoiler myself without having to modify the trunk lid. Cheers!
The Xenon spoiler won't cover the holes, I believe you're stuck with 2 more holes. Also the Xenon spoiler uses it's own holes, so unless they line up with the surfboard spoiler, I belive you have to drill new holes for it.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
The Xenon spoiler won't cover the holes, I believe you're stuck with 2 more holes. Also the Xenon spoiler uses it's own holes, so unless they line up with the surfboard spoiler, I belive you have to drill new holes for it.
Hey Trewyn, I appreciate your feedback. I know the Xenon spoiler has its own mounting points. I can make holes for it, but what Im scared of is not being able to cover the rear holes from the original surfboard spoiler. I dont want to damage my trunk lid by welding those holes, and if I were to weld them how would I go about doing that? I was thinking of mig'ng 2 small plates on the inside of the trunk, just tack it and then mig the outside. Do you have any suggestions? I really hate my spoiler, its such an eye sore since I put the GM full ground effects kit on. The pace car style spoiler is the same idea isnt it and personally I dont really like the 2006 SS style spoiler either, I know a couple of guys did that spoiler to cover those holes, but I really want that Xenon deck lid.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:36 PM

hey Murder. I noticed you had the original surfboard spoiler on, just wondering if you had to weld the original holes or did the Xenon spoiler cover all 4 holes? If you can help me out with that Id greatly appreciate it man. I want to do the same to my car and install the spoiler myself without having to modify the trunk lid. Cheers!
Well you will have to modify the trunk lid because the holes don't line up at all so you will need to drill new ones. I did it myself with a friend after we centered it. However if you have the surfboard style spoiler the holes nearest your rear window will be covered, the two closest to the tail lights will not (there might also be some scuffs from the other spoiler too). Here are some pics of what I did with some 3M tape just until I get those holes filled. But I will be getting my trunk repainted. Its not noticeable but obviously up close its hideous.

Attached Thumbnails Xenon Rear Valance - 4464-photo-3-.jpg   Xenon Rear Valance - 4464-photo-2-.jpg   Xenon Rear Valance - 4464-photo-7-.jpg  
Old 05-10-2012, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member

Hey Trewyn, I appreciate your feedback. I know the Xenon spoiler has its own mounting points. I can make holes for it, but what Im scared of is not being able to cover the rear holes from the original surfboard spoiler. I dont want to damage my trunk lid by welding those holes, and if I were to weld them how would I go about doing that? I was thinking of mig'ng 2 small plates on the inside of the trunk, just tack it and then mig the outside. Do you have any suggestions? I really hate my spoiler, its such an eye sore since I put the GM full ground effects kit on. The pace car style spoiler is the same idea isnt it and personally I dont really like the 2006 SS style spoiler either, I know a couple of guys did that spoiler to cover those holes, but I really want that Xenon deck lid.
Your best bet may be to potentially find a trunk lid without the holes already? It will be less total work for you because you won't have to weld and grind on the holes.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:44 PM

do the holes for the pointy spoiler line up with the xenon tail?

Old 05-10-2012, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2003L67SS
do the holes for the pointy spoiler line up with the xenon tail?
No, unless you have a pace car spoiler that isn't OEM, they may possibly line up, but that all depends on the aftermarket companies methods and designs and such.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
No, unless you have a pace car spoiler that isn't OEM, they may possibly line up, but that all depends on the aftermarket companies methods and designs and such.
Thanks for the heads up! I really like the xenon kit though so it'd be worth it

Old 05-24-2012, 06:58 AM

is this a direct bolt on kit?! i mean other than paint and prep obviously. but its made from urethane i think wouls really want to get my hands on this bad boy!

Old 05-26-2012, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by superrod29
is this a direct bolt on kit?! i mean other than paint and prep obviously. but its made from urethane i think wouls really want to get my hands on this bad boy!
Yes it is, easily fits right over the body. The urethane is a nice touch. VERY STRONG STUFF . I didn't wanna go fiberglass for obvious reasons, you get what you pay for

Old 05-26-2012, 12:42 PM

I cant tell a diff between the HS kit and the xenon It could just be the pics I have seen but the only real diff I saw was that the front lip was bigger on the xenon and didn't curve up like on hs.

Quick Reply: Xenon Rear Valance - 4464