Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Will 06 Headlights Fit in 02 MC ss?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 11:52 PM

You can make the headlights projectors. for HID setup if you want. It is alot cheaper then buying a new front end.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
i was actully thinking they might fit if i was to cut some of the body but yeah probably should't
Don't do that.

Originally Posted by trewyn15
Everything does bolt on, this was just discussed a bit ago.

Do a retrofit or get some blackhoused.. either way you're probably going to need HIDs.

With all the trouble of the front end swap you're going to go through you might as well sell your car and just buy an 06/07 really, more HP and the look you're going for.

IMO I think the 00-05 is a LOT better looking and more sporty looking.
Yep the retrofit has been discussed other times in the past. I agree with Mitch though, you will go through all that work to convert the front end over. You might as well buy an 06-07 and save yourself from all the time and hassle you'll need to invest in doing that project. I believe that's what I told the last person who asked this question.

Now I can't agree with all of your post, Mitch, haha. I can say I would have agreed with you about the "look" prior to two years ago when I had my 03. However now that I have my 06 and have had the opportunity to stare at it everyday for two years, IMO the 06-07's look better (especially the SS)... IMO lol.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Don't do that.

Yep the retrofit has been discussed other times in the past. I agree with Mitch though, you will go through all that work to convert the front end over. You might as well buy an 06-07 and save yourself from all the time and hassle you'll need to invest in doing that project. I believe that's what I told the last person who asked this question.

Now I can't agree with all of your post, Mitch, haha. I can say I would have agreed with you about the "look" prior to two years ago when I had my 03. However now that I have my 06 and have had the opportunity to stare at it everyday for two years, IMO the 06-07's look better (especially the SS)... IMO lol.

i think both 6th and 7th gen are pretty damn awesome !

Old 09-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Don't do that.

it depends for me, the headlights of the 06-07 really kinda killed it for me, but like I said on facebook :p if you do the impala front bumper cover it fixes it a lot IMO.

I still feel like the 6th gen front end just looks a bit more sporty to me to me... certain color combos and stuff changes it or me too I guess haha idk I guess to each his own

Old 09-24-2012, 09:27 AM

well i just picked up 06 wreaked monte that was hit from behind for 300 should i just flip it and buy new car or something ?

Old 09-24-2012, 09:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Don't do that.

I agree. Having owned and stared at both for long periods of time, i say i most enjoy/stare at my 7th gen SS more

Old 09-24-2012, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member

well i just picked up 06 wreaked monte that was hit from behind for 300 should i just flip it and buy new car or something ?
I guess it comes down to what you want to do. Either you spend the time to convert the front of yours with the 7th Gen parts car you just got or sell both cars altogether and buy a 7th Gen. Is the parts car you got an SS or non-SS 7th Gen?

Old 09-24-2012, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
I agree. Having owned and stared at both for long periods of time, i say i most enjoy/stare at my 7th gen SS more
I'm curious as to what the majority of the forum would think lol

Why not switch it all out if you like it. You can get $300 for the seats alone, engine and trans are up to a grand if it has them, things like the gauge cluster can go upwards of $150, wheels and tires up to $500 or more..

You have potential for lots of money there and you can do what you want with your car now

Old 09-24-2012, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
I'm curious as to what the majority of the forum would think lol

Why not switch it all out if you like it. You can get $300 for the seats alone, engine and trans are up to a grand if it has them, things like the gauge cluster can go upwards of $150, wheels and tires up to $500 or more..

You have potential for lots of money there and you can do what you want with your car now
Poll it up! lol

Actually, Mitch makes a good point. $300 is a good deal for everything that you got that you could potentially swap over. It would just take some time and work. I'm still curious, SS or non-SS?

Old 09-24-2012, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member

Poll it up! lol

Actually, Mitch makes a good point. $300 is a good deal for everything that you got that you could potentially swap over. It would just take some time and work. I'm still curious, SS or non-SS?
I made a poll on the facebook page... 7th gen got zero votes, 6th gen got 4 and honda civic got 2.

Quick Reply: Will 06 Headlights Fit in 02 MC ss?