Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

vertical/ lambo doors? anyone done them?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Default vertical/ lambo doors? anyone done them?

i really want to do the lambo doors on my 06 monte. has anyone had it done on here? success stories? horror stories? prices? please let me know

Old 08-08-2011, 11:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know you have to get a real kit for these cars since the doors are so heavy. Those cheaper universal kits will just bend eventually.

Also with the size of the doors, I don't think it looks good at all.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

eh idk about the lambo doors on a monte

i think they are called lambo doors for a reason....some cars just cant pull it off

Old 08-08-2011, 12:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

They are not Lambo Doors (unless you drive a little ricer car). Proper terms are Scissor and Vertical doors

A guy on my street put scissor doors on his 6th gen Monte (he could still swing them out OR lift them up). I personally thought the effect looked cool. BUT, I had three problems with this mod:
1. - Any kit I've seen (including the guy on my street) is BIG $$$, PLUS installation. That's a lot of cash to dump on a mod people would rarely notice. For that money, there are a lot of better mods available.
2. - Better hope install goes according to plan and your doors are still lined up (and they don't smash into the fenders).
3. - Since the door now moves further then GM designed it, the wiring going in and out of the door now needs extended. To do it involves cutting the wires and splicing in longer pieces. Just looks like a pain and again, hope you extend it far enough and tape/seal everything properly.

If anyone were to do this mod, I'd recommend find a shop that has a good history of doing these and have them do it. Be prepared for a HUGE bill for the work and parts!

Old 08-08-2011, 12:16 PM

im going to talk to a shop that does ALOT of them today actually. im expecting this will total cost me about 1500 =\. but its very different and unique

Old 08-08-2011, 12:22 PM

only the Murci has the "scissor doors" "butterfly doors". the gallardo doesnt even have them. my friends dad had a gallardo and i was like

so i like to refer back to this picture.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:59 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

^^^^^^^
Haha i was actually gonna look for that pic wen i seen this tread but yeah deff needa buy a specific kit for them not the cheapo ones & its gonna prob be above 1500

Old 08-08-2011, 01:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Scissor doors to me are all show.... And if you don't compete in car shows, I'd rather spend the $1500 in something you feel in performance or see all the time. And again, back to the concern of damage to the doors.

I'm sure many share my feelings, hence why the scissor doors are some what of a more rare/unique options.

I feel the look cool on the Monte. Sounds like you are covering the bottom line, have a reputable shop install a reputable kit. Even though I don't see me ever doing this mod, if you do, I'd lvoe to know total cost and see some pics.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
only the Murci has the "scissor doors" "butterfly doors". the gallardo doesnt even have them. my friends dad had a gallardo and i was like

so i like to refer back to this picture.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:00 PM

I have the gt factory verticle door kit installed on my monte. They were welded on. Dont get the bolt on because they need adjusting... With the gt factory kit my doors arent heavy at all, the actually glide up and I have to catch it or it will go.all the way up and hit something. I have a 250lb shock and a 150lb shock on each door. Idk the exact cost of them because my car came with them when I bought it. At times I like to have them for "showing off" but when im in a rush I hate them. They come.out a few little then go up.

Quick Reply: vertical/ lambo doors? anyone done them?