Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Sunroof mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 07:14 PM
1 Year Member
Default Sunroof mod

Hey everyone, so ihave currently been thinking of little things I can do to my new Monte and one thing that came to mind was having the Chevy logo put on my sunroof. Does anyone by chance know how I would go about doing that, how much something like that would cost, is it possible to do or would I need to just buy a new sunroof that has that already on there? Any help would be much appreciated

Old 01-29-2013, 07:24 PM

On the glass itself? Just get a vinyl bowtie that's the correct size and put it on.

EDIT:
I think this would be a bit too big, but to give you an idea.
Link:
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Mike 00LS; 01-29-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM
1 Year Member

Sounds good. I wasn't sure if it needed to be painted on or what. I will look more into what size would fit better. Thanks alot

Old 01-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can see something on the sunroof glass being a personalized mod. At car shows you could have it barely open to where it is at an angle where it could be viewed. Might be kind of trick. Next thing to consider is what to put on there... Bow Tie, SS, Tribal graphics, Mustache rides etc.....

Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
I can see something on the sunroof glass being a personalized mod. At car shows you could have it barely open to where it is at an angle where it could be viewed. Might be kind of trick. Next thing to consider is what to put on there... Bow Tie, SS, Tribal graphics, Mustache rides etc.....
Yea I thought about it last night and I think SS would look good as hell on the sunroof. I have seen a few with the Bow tie but I can't recall ever seeing any with the SS. Now I just need to locate something like that haha

Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Try local sign and graphics shops in addition to looking online. You'd be surprised at how willing a local place will be to keep you from going online. Plus, it's much more convenient. No shipping charges either.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:11 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Try local sign and graphics shops in addition to looking online. You'd be surprised at how willing a local place will be to keep you from going online. Plus, it's much more convenient. No shipping charges either.
That sounds good, I'll have to look into that. Does anyone by chance know if I should be looking at a specific material as far as something that is waterproof or weatherproof in general?

Old 01-30-2013, 04:46 PM
1 Year Member

Does anyone by chance know the name of the text used for the SS on the Monte Carlo if it has a name?

Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 PM

Hey man great idea I used to have a vinyl tribal Chevy bow tie on mine but removed it time ago, I am thinking of a nice ss on the sunroof as well in the future and I'd you like the look like zippy said tilt ur sunroof a bit at shows so ppl can see it.

As for material the person/shop that does it for you shouldn't charge much and should know the generic material used is very weather proof and get him to search up a picture of the ss logo or words you want he should be able to perfect duplicate it

Old 01-30-2013, 06:23 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MeanShwaMonte
Hey man great idea I used to have a vinyl tribal Chevy bow tie on mine but removed it time ago, I am thinking of a nice ss on the sunroof as well in the future and I'd you like the look like zippy said tilt ur sunroof a bit at shows so ppl can see it.

As for material the person/shop that does it for you shouldn't charge much and should know the generic material used is very weather proof and get him to search up a picture of the ss logo or words you want he should be able to perfect duplicate it
Thanks man I really appreciate it. Do you by chance know if I should look for someone who specializes in car graphics like, I don't know, a body shop or something like that or would some place like this, Signs, banners, exhibits and printing in Cary, NC : FASTSIGNS , be alright. It looks like they do car graphics but it seems like for the most part every place like this I see does like full body graphics for like advertising and what not. This is my second car and the first one that I really have had the want to really customize it and make it "my" car. So i'm pretty new to the whole customizing side of things.

Quick Reply: Sunroof mod