Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Some Suggestions Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Post Doing some sprucing up.

Got my answer on my previous question so now I'm "converting" this thread on over to discussion/suggestions about the mods I'm in the process of doing, versus starting a new thread... helps keep everything organized in one place. New discussion starts around page 3 or 4.

Last edited by Mike 00LS; 12-11-2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: done with old topic.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:49 PM

If you're going to paint the bottom trim white I would paint the MC & SS lettering white, like wise if you go Silver or gray. (That's assuming you'll be painting the car black)

Old 11-17-2010, 05:05 AM

No emblems. Less is more.
I don't remember seeing a monte with that style of an aftermarket spoiler. It looks better than I thought it would!

Old 11-17-2010, 05:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't think SS badges on a non-SS are cool - I'd at least leave those off. No badges would look good. Drilled holes in the resonator too? What, was the previous owner like 12?

Old 11-17-2010, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I don't think SS badges on a non-SS are cool - I'd at least leave those off. No badges would look good. Drilled holes in the resonator too? What, was the previous owner like 12?
IMO, just keep the red bowtie and nothing else.

If you have to use the "Monte Carlo" lettering I'd go with what the above said and match it with the bottom trim. Not a fan SS emblems on an SS, it's like having a base lancer with Evo badges all over it. Kinda.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:10 PM

I don't know, it seems to me if you wanted an SS for the last 20 years but could afford an LT when a Monte finally came into your price range, you should be able to badge it any way you want while accepting the fact that some people will spot the fraud (an SS emblem on a non-SS car) and maybe laugh behind your back. (It's when they laugh in your face that you punch them.) Does anybody agree??

Old 11-19-2010, 05:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Possum
I don't know, it seems to me if you wanted an SS for the last 20 years but could afford an LT when a Monte finally came into your price range, you should be able to badge it any way you want while accepting the fact that some people will spot the fraud (an SS emblem on a non-SS car) and maybe laugh behind your back. (It's when they laugh in your face that you punch them.) Does anybody agree??
Of course anybody could badge their cars anyway they want. Why not put 2 SS logos - make it an SSSS. Or you could badge it a Camaro or Corvette. But its lame because it is not.

De-badging is a great option for anyone with or without an SS

Old 11-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Default Badging a fib...

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Of course anybody could badge their cars anyway they want. Why not put 2 SS logos - make it an SSSS. Or you could badge it a Camaro or Corvette. But its lame because it is not.

De-badging is a great option for anyone with or without an SS
I agree - today I'm finishing the debadge process with removal of the "FlexFuel" on the rear bumper. I have the feeling a REAL SS would not use E85 or anything other than good old American high-octane gas. I also realize that a genuine SS has dual exhausts and my LT doesn't - but I can pretend, can't I??? I kinda like your other suggestions - I can't decide whether to put "Corvette" or "Trans Am" on the windshield. Maybe I'll do both, one in front and one in back. What do you think???

Old 11-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Default Badging a fib...

Junior - here's a picture of my '07 - what do you think?

Last edited by Possum; 08-06-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:38 AM

if you like the SS on the car leave it, its your car. I dont have a problem with SS badge on non SS cars, I did it on my 76, It has SS emblems off a 70 Chevelle. My 72 had the super sport emblems off a 66 nova, both cars look great IMO but I dont try to pass them off as the real deal.

Quick Reply: Some Suggestions Please