Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Solar Wing

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Solar Wing

I am in the process of contracting a gentleman to mold/cast Solar wings A.K.A Roof spoilers for the 5TH Generation Monte Carlo. As some of you know I have posted this topic else were on this Forum. I did it in the wrong place with limited access for most members. For that I apologize. I am just going to move my postings and only mine over to this thread. Thank you for understanding.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
Default Roof Spoiler

On my way to Minneapolis MN.. AGAIN! I had a brief conversation with a gentleman that can produce the Solar wing for the 5th G! I know some were interested. The discussion included wings with and with out lights. The only thing he fears is numbers. Is there a call for 5thG solar wing? I know some of you on this sight expressed interest in them. SO! Let me know if you would be in fact interested and what would be your high end of cost? Cost I will keep from him so he can come up with a number his self first. Any way. Any interest in the 5th g solar wing. If so, with or with out lights. Any interest out there for the 6th gen solar wings. These too we are contemplating. The more the interest the more I can bargain

Old 10-31-2010, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
Default Solar

(In a gental voice) I'm not holding anybody to it. If you dont like it, dont buy it. I just want to know if there is any interest. If you must know. It would be exactly like the 94 Brick Yard 400 Pace Car. (model 1995)

The 6th G would be just like the ones on the 2000-2005 Pace Cars. With and with out lights

Old 10-31-2010, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
Default Roof

When I get back from Minneapolis MN. (again) I will be meeting with the gentleman who will be producing the wing. First I need to see the final product before I can show you all what I will be selling with little or no profit. I need to pay for all the molding too. I'm hoping 150-200 cost to you. He will also color code paint them if needed. As for application. Just like my solar spoiler I have on my 2001 RPC. Double sided 3M (unforgiving)tape.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member

Old 10-31-2010, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
Default interest

With the interest building up I need to get the meeting set up A.S.A.P.. Now remember. All this, is just ideas. I was told. Draw it up and he will build it. We shall see soon. I hope with our schedules, his open and mine full we can get this rolling before thanks giving. (or sooner) Defiantly before Christmas.

As for to light or not to light. I would think if you have construction in your state they would be legal. The lights are white or yellow buyers choice. They point one way. To the rear. Also if you hook them up to your brake lights. Red NON-flashing.

Side note. A flash kit would be needed if you order with strobe lights. The kits I looked at. 300$!!!!! This I will need to further investigate. I just don't think interest would be enough to warrant me making a large purchase.

Thanks for all the interest.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Default No panic

Not to make you panic. The research on the strobe kits has been limited so far. I will be looking for the best price I can get. Stay tuned.
Legality should not be a question. When they are used, maybe. Color, definitely. Stay with white or yellow you should be good.

Legality should not be a question. When they are used, maybe. Color, definitely. Stay with white or yellow you should be good.

The bottom will definitely be open. This way you can mount the lights then cap over them. The rear light cover will be Smoke and removable. Changing lights and so on

Some ideas and directions we are thinking of.

5TH G Solar wing options: Plain, strobe lights, brake light, Brake light with reverse lights. Emergency vehicle lights.

6TH G Solar wing and rear spoiler. Same as above

Last edited by bblackstone; 10-31-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Default great conversation

OK great conversation here. This is why I posted instead of just doing. First thanks for all the great suggestions.

The thing of it is this. It will be very simple and compatible with out complications. The first set to be casted will be the look alike of the 1994 Brick Yard 400 Chevy Monte Carlo 5TH Generation. See photo's in previous post's. The housing will be open at the bottom. If you get it with lights. Brake or strobe. Clear, amber, mixed.
The Solar wing will be opened at the bottom and fastened by 3M double sticky tape. If lights are purchased from me or anybody else the lights are mounted first. The wires running through the rear wind shield molding. Then the solar housing applied. The housing will also be opened in the rear and capped by a smoke plastic glass removable panel for easy access. If just the wing is purchased and the owner wishes to add lights later. The wing can be removed with fishing line and cleaned fairly easily.

The strobe lights dealer has almost been chosen. I need to contact a couple more dealers. I just don't think they have what we want. Remember all Solar wings will come with the option of color matched painted.

The second line will be after Christmas. 5TH generation 1998/99 Pace car. Photo above Texas 500 Pace Car. This I feel would be a better choice for those who want the lower profile look. More like the Grand Prix Daytona 500 Pace Car. This of course would be if the first mold gets me to brake even. That's all I'm looking for. If lights are involved. Just enough profit to cover the leg work.

Then if that goes well. 6TH G Solar and rear wing with lights.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Default few years late...lol

hey im a little late but i really really really would love get ahold of a roof spoiler with the lights!!any info on how and where to purchase would be appreciated.thanks

Old 12-06-2014, 03:15 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

To find the roof spoiler, it would have to be from someone that owns it or could custom make it. They only came on a very small amount of the monte carlos and are extremely rare to find.

Quick Reply: Solar Wing