Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Shined up SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Shined up SS

Hi MCF,
Finally got around to working on the Monte paint today. I patched up some rot on the DS rear wheel opening and some road rash on the PS front bumper a few weeks ago. Still need to patch up the rot on the PS rear wheel opening.
Anyway I've been wanting to try out my Porter Cable polisher for 3 years and today was it. Washed first then clay barred top to bottom. Then another wash/blow dry with my leaf blower. Then the Porter Cable polish with Meguiars ultra fine polishing liquid. After that another wash/dry then a coat of Liquid Glass. The paint is not too bad for being 12 years old but I damaged it a little a couple of years ago with some bad polish. Anyway, I think it came out OK. I don't think I posted a pic of my SS since I joined so here it is.

Name:  2014-10-26172206_zps4a200bf2.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  17.9 KB

Old 10-26-2014, 07:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well from the distance it looks nice as can be. Post a few close ups or are you scared to? LOL, JK. Your Monte is the exact 02 paint configuration mine used to be. Looking very nice, bet it was not a slacking off day bringing her back to the high luster like you did. Good job!!

Nice that you clay barred her, polished and then waxed her up. Probably thirsty for some tlc. Do you have the black or tan interior? Is your a Limited Edition version, the speedometer would say that.

Now you just have to crawl your butt underneath the car and degrease and clean everything and arrest any rust that may be developing, that's if you intend on keeping it. How is under the hood, trashed or are you working on cherrying it out? Come on you have to represent us other 02's out here.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Zippy. Turned out to be a busy week. I took the SS on a 450 mile round trip to Long Island for a meeting. Second time in two weeks. Ran great but traffic in NY and CT sucks.
Anyway I took a closeup of the hood in bright sunshine. I should have had one from before but it was so bad I prefer to forget about it.

Name:  2014-10-27143459_zpsfd7e45e9.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  12.2 KB

I pulled the DS rear well liner to seal up my patch job and to put some Coroseal on the rust spots. Will do the PS later. As far as the engine compartment it is fairly clean but it looks like there is some sort of rust proofing in there. Weird because there's none on the undercarriage.

It is a LIMITED EDITION with a black interior. The Magnaflow exhaust makes it a fun ride. Its no show car but I'm trying to keep it nice as long as I can.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:30 PM

Hi `Steve,

Thanks for posting and sharing your picture of your beautiful Monte Carlo S.S. A clean Monte is a faster Monte

We hope we see you more often on the MCF.

Wish you a safe/fun happy weekend > EnJoy <