Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Roof Rails :'(

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy Roof Rails :'(

Ugh, so I can't fricking get my hands on a set of these things. I've looked at the junkyard around me and no GTP/Grand prix's with the roof rails. I knocked on this guys door by my school asking if he wants to sell them but he was a complete dick. There's this other girl that works at the gym I go to and she had them (black, which is how i want it) on her red GTP but I highly doubt she'll get rid of it without her dad around. Ugh, so it either comes down to fabricating my own, or painting what trim I have now. How hard is it to DIY? Would I have to take it to a bodyshop to have them paint it? Or is it something I can do myself?

Old 04-14-2011, 09:45 PM

Um, did you check the classifieds?

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pr...ls-sale-27472/

Last edited by Paul1965; 04-14-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

You would probably have to buy new inserts since it's almost impossible to pull them out without ruining them, but if you're careful enough it can be done.

fabricating your own would be pretty hard i think

Old 04-14-2011, 09:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Your best to be patient and wait. They pop up online somewhere eventually. GP Forums often have them and your MCF friends will keep our eyes open for you too...

Old 04-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Check out clupgp

strykergxp
GTP Level Member

40th anniversary 2dr part out I have a 02 40th that im parting out let me know what you need.Im located in Denver CO,larger items i prefer local pickup.ALL prices are before shipping and paypal fee's.

Hood heat extractors and drip pan nice shape.im willing to ship extractors and drip pan with out the hood.hood is also good,price depends on how you want it.Just so theres a price lets say $150 w/o hood

Roof rails
spoiler
wheels and michelin tires in great shape
complete interior

Car is complete should have any part you could need. No dibs paypal is asti1456@yahoo

Old 04-14-2011, 09:58 PM

Jerzy that's the same exact car I was asking the guy about, different location of course.

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Your best to be patient and wait. They pop up online somewhere eventually. GP Forums often have them and your MCF friends will keep our eyes open for you too...
And pay $300+ for them?...Sorry, I'd rather waste money fab or painting instead lol, but i guess if it's meant for me to have, It'll come to me ...till then, electrical tape ..lol jk

Originally Posted by trewyn15
You would probably have to buy new inserts since it's almost impossible to pull them out without ruining them, but if you're careful enough it can be done.

fabricating your own would be pretty hard i think
Damn, never thought about that i guess, anyways i saw someone where that this guy made them from a triangle door trim of somesort, the link i clicked wasn't working so i couldnt see it but they said it was great

Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 PM

200 shipped right now by the jarhead

Old 04-14-2011, 10:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Yeah I was gonna say Tim but if those are already taken I can see if my friend still has his up for sale for 200 bucks

Old 04-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
200 shipped right now by the jarhead
Dude, you already called dibs on them. Looks to me you already bought them. If not the poster after you did.

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Brent, I'd like to agree with you. But I can't on this one. I've been trying to get a set for well over a year now. When it comes to roof rails, nobody looks out for anybody. They're such a hot commodity, people are like rabid dogs. The very rare occasion they do pop up for sale on a forum, people outbid each other. And drive the price up to almost twice the original dealership price.

Sorry if that offends anyone. But it's true. I've had my fellow "MCF friends" out bid me time and time again for roof rails.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Dude, you already called dibs on them. Looks to me you already bought them. If not the poster after you did.

Brent, I'd like to agree with you. But I can't on this one. I've been trying to get a set for well over a year now. When it comes to roof rails, nobody looks out for anybody. They're such a hot commodity, people are like rabid dogs. The very rare occasion they do pop up for sale on a forum, people outbid each other. And drive the price up to almost twice the original dealership price.
Well, at least the members who already have roof rails aren't such a bunch of jerks

Quick Reply: Roof Rails :'(