Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

rear window louver

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:43 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you kept the stripes going on the louvers it would be ballin shiz yo.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06MCSS
Louvers huh? not bad idea, would look great on a black SS but the white and black combo I'm runnin might look just as sick.....thoughts?
you might be safe with them a satin or even soft sheen black, I believe the stangs ran em' that way...Chris the wife and I where on our way then the market tanked.....Friggin Bernie!!!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2009, 01:47 PM

Not sure how'd they would look on the rear quaters but on the rear window that would bad azz!!!! I want one!! I dont see what yall mean by vinal?? Vinal is like what decals are made of and I dont think you could have a sticker louver right?

Just to make sure we are own the same page, a louver is a cover for the back window that kinda resembles open blinds? And if you looked at a top angle of a vehicle wit one it would look as if there wasnt a back window (assuming the louver was painted body color)

Old 11-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Photobucket
3 Year Member

The vinyl where just that, decals made to resemble louvers. There are companys out there making them in alluminum, and blow mold plastic(uhg!) for stangs camaros, cavalers. and firebirds along with Imports as well as 5th gen montes (plastic crap). Otherwise the Monte's, Impala.s and GTP's get no respect and thier market is untapped. The 6th and 7th gen's will have them!!!

Old 11-21-2009, 07:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I LIKE the louvers idea! Looking forward to seeing the prototype

Old 11-21-2009, 09:33 PM

went that route when I had the LS. Ended up going to cost me 600 bucks to do because of the labor for fiberglass. I scratched that idea. the place that quoted me was REALLY overpriced, but the only one I knew of in the area. Its possible!

Old 11-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Photobucket
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by vita
went that route when I had the LS. Ended up going to cost me 600 bucks to do because of the labor for fiberglass. I scratched that idea. the place that quoted me was REALLY overpriced, but the only one I knew of in the area. Its possible!
fiberglass is expensive and trust me you would have been paying for the set up of the mold which is where the cost is. once the mold is made and perfected then the cost is down to raw materials..you were being charged for one offs which I'm sure they would have produced more than yours...I've only seen one set of fiberglass louvers out there and they did run $600 to $700 but they were for a lambo. the majority are plastic for $70 to $160 or alliminum which is the route I'm taking which are generally $350 to $500 depending on the finish. my cost will be materials + my own labor the finish I'll go with most likely will be a powder coat black (gloss or satin) Then it's down to gauging intrest and finding out price per qyt brakes on the raw pre cut alluminum / time to assemble per unit and price for primed coat or a straight black powder coat
Makeing a set for my car is easy and will happen for alot less than 6 bills, the question is if they can be produced at this level putting out a quality good looking unit at a reasonable cost which is also worth the time spent There's a reason these companys are overlooking the monte's and Impala's and I would prefer not getting burned finding out the reason why

Old 11-22-2009, 01:52 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Ill probably have to buy one and a trunk thingy once I have subs, and the s/c in haha. Cant wait to see it done.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Photobucket
3 Year Member

how do they look

Attached Thumbnails rear window louver-louvers_white_w.jpg  
Old 11-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

they look great, not, and the hat hmmmm, no way

Quick Reply: rear window louver