Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Projectors? I think so.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

they're startin to look good!

Old 05-10-2011, 05:32 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by shotime105
@7801monteman. Do you have anymore pics of your headlights with the projectors installed? Also how do you have your projectors mounted since you dont have the reflectors. Unless you plan on putting the reflectors back in. One more thing what did you have in mind for the turn sig? Thanks.
I suggest reading this thread as this is how I mounted mine. Heres the details on how to mount them and have rotational and horizontal adjustment.
JnC's Mounting Method (with Rotational Adj Capability) <---click for link

Here is my complete run down of my set up that I plan on running the first round before upgrading projectors LOL. I am already planning my set up...who knows I might change the projectors again as I already have twice now after buying them.
Low Beams: 2007 Corvette Z06 projectors
Low/ High Bi-Xenon: Mini Morimotos
Having "quad projectors" allows me to either run from the Bi-Xenon alone and having the multifunction switch the soleniod which brings move the shield allowing me to have high beams. Or I can turn on the other Low beam and have quad low's or run Low and Hi's at the same time if I do so choose.

Angel Eyes
AE series Angel Eye Headlight Accent Lights Specifications <---click for link
Either going to do red or white (only thinking about doing white as possibly DRL's)

Demon Eyes

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...t%2010/104.jpg <---click for link
Are when the HID's are turned off and I want the projector to glow. This is done by installing a LED in the projectors wired to a switch to be controled by me.

Painted Projector Shield

This gives the projector a slight glow or appearance the of glowing. This happens happens when its day time or when some other source of light is at the right angle to be seen by the eye. Has no effect on the output of the light.

Projector Shrouds
Have yet to be determined. But they will be painted red. Some shrouds have Bi-Xenon embossed in them which will be painted either white or black.
http://blackflamecustoms.com/wp-cont..._1-300x199.jpg <---click for link

Switches
ORACLE Flush LED Illuminated Ring Switch <---click for link
These are very similar to the Vandel switches but they are more than half the price of one vandel switch. Google them you probably will fall in love with them as they are very cool!

*Pictures of the examples are not mine. Just there to show as an example.*

Last edited by 7801MonteMan; 05-10-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:14 PM

Nice can't wait to see the finished project. I love those gattling shrouds. Same ones that will go on my next set of projectors.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:24 PM

keep going man lead the charge

Old 05-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

Ummm I want those in red please. I will pay you hookers and blow. No seriously I want them either fork over the details or I find you via my gov't connections lol

Old 05-10-2011, 09:40 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Keep it up, this is gonna be sexy!

Old 05-11-2011, 07:48 AM

Thanks guys. When I mock everything up I plan to take it all apart again do final painting to the headlights and then I will do a step by step of what to do. Potentially there could be a chance that I might think about doing a couple sets...but It all depends.

And Pace you already have my address LOL.

Last edited by 7801MonteMan; 05-11-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

may i ask where you got the projectors? and price?

Old 05-11-2011, 12:57 PM

Z06 cost me $40 used I knew the guy and the Mini Morimoto's were $110 brand new. The FX35 projectors that I also have were $100 and the last set of projectors that I bought were E55's and these were $35 but I have to replace a couple parts on them. The balast that I am going with are Denso Balast and and Matsu****a balast this is where the money is going to be going that and the bulbs. I was going to just stick in some cheaper stuff/popular type DDM/ebay balast and bulbs. But after reading there are big differences between those systems and OEM systems. So this will be a bitchin' first system. I CANNOT WAIT TO FIRE THIS SYSTEM UP!!!!

Old 05-12-2011, 11:05 PM

OMG Monteman.. u got me friggin droolin here.. I'll GLADLY pay for a set of these!! Take your good old time, i'll pay in advance.. whatever.. Let me know when theyre done and C.O.D shipping.. haha I've been looking for a set since i bought the car to no avail as i'm sure you all have.. This would be something to set my monte apart from all the other people around here who have montes.. I've noticed more and more people buying them around here since i got mine.. haha Def a lucrative biz for you to get going on with this crowd for a little side cash..

Quick Reply: Projectors? I think so.