Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Playing w/ headlights, more exterior, & interior ... photos

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Dont have a night setting lol
use your phone then ha

Old 10-07-2011, 12:49 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Lol that is my phone

Old 10-07-2011, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member

ohh dear lol

you're hopeless then haha

Old 10-07-2011, 05:19 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thank you all for the kind compliments, ... Hopefully more & more folks will pass by my thread, & comment as well ... good, bad, indifference ... ALL are welcome.

@Blazed SS: Thank you for looking intently enough that you pulled out your favorite, & reposed in the thread! That means a lot & encourages me to want to go out & take more!

@03JGMonte & trewyn15: It definitely has EVERYTHING to do with the type of camera, changing from "Auto" settings to "Manual" settings, & knowing about the options, or having the interest in learning while taking 20, 25, 30+ photos of the same subject - while takin' notes on the settings - & finding the ideal image reproduction you want to share with your given audience, ... lastly, & MOST important (!!!), is knowing/managing your environment - using available ambient light, ... whether it is sunlight or artificial light you have created. (Sorry for the semi-long, extended photo lesson.)

As a side note: I have my front parking/turn signals (3457A) as 18 SMD amber LED fixtures, which they are, but I have not like the brightness of them ... I had hoped they were much, much brighter. So I ordered a pair of amber 45 SMD LED fixtures (3457A). And if you do the math, that indeed is 27 MORE LEDs per fixture!!! I have a feeling they will be bright enough to satisfy me now ... Photos promised!!!

Old 10-07-2011, 09:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Looks cool, someday I want to go all led too.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:16 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Zeke
Thank you all for the kind compliments, ... Hopefully more & more folks will pass by my thread, & comment as well ... good, bad, indifference ... ALL are welcome.

@Blazed SS: Thank you for looking intently enough that you pulled out your favorite, & reposed in the thread! That means a lot & encourages me to want to go out & take more!

@03JGMonte & trewyn15: It definitely has EVERYTHING to do with the type of camera, changing from "Auto" settings to "Manual" settings, & knowing about the options, or having the interest in learning while taking 20, 25, 30+ photos of the same subject - while takin' notes on the settings - & finding the ideal image reproduction you want to share with your given audience, ... lastly, & MOST important (!!!), is knowing/managing your environment - using available ambient light, ... whether it is sunlight or artificial light you have created. (Sorry for the semi-long, extended photo lesson.)

As a side note: I have my front parking/turn signals (3457A) as 18 SMD amber LED fixtures, which they are, but I have not like the brightness of them ... I had hoped they were much, much brighter. So I ordered a pair of amber 45 SMD LED fixtures (3457A). And if you do the math, that indeed is 27 MORE LEDs per fixture!!! I have a feeling they will be bright enough to satisfy me now ... Photos promised!!!
thanks for the lesson :P

Do you have resistors for your leds?

Old 10-07-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
That hurts my eyes just looking at the picture. I could just imagine passing you. I hate night driving since I live in the sticks, there's no lights and then some guy with tanning lamps flies past you.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:27 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

@Trewyn15: Many apologies for not getting back to you sooner ... reason(s) listed below, ... Buy, yes, I have 50 watt, 6 ohm resistors for each of the corners, but I will not be installing them until the spring. I am getting ready to put the car up for the winter, & just about "strip it" inside-out ... ... ... to include the flasher. At the moment, no one makes a solid state/electronic flasher that takes care of hyper-flash for 'Carlo's, but they may in the next 5 months, & if they do I will snag one & be ready to snap it in & go about my business & not bother with the resistors. If not, then the resistors it is, which are a breeze to wire in, mount, etc.

There is a company that you can send in your flasher into & they will "mod" it & send it back to rid you of hyper-flashing, but they DO NOT guarantee it longer than ONE SECOND after installation ... & they want in excess of $50 plus shipping (both ways) to do it, or if you would rather purchase a flasher from them, ... just fork over $110 ... &, again, NO GUARANTEES after installation whatsoever! Ugh.

I can get the flashers hand-over-fist here in the junkyards, so I will probably get some capacitors, resistors, etc., & see if I cannot make mine "worth" $100+ ... I have a pretty good mind, & a bunch of time, to get lost in some trial & error.

IF I come across the magic combination, I will see if I cannot find some interest for them on here, etc., ... & for FAR, FAR, FAR less than a bill.

Zeke
'11

PS: I will get on those nighttime taillight photos this weekend ... Been involved in the El Camino over the past week +. Vvvrrroooooommm !!!

Old 10-14-2011, 11:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Those all look BA! Especially your reverse lights. How did you get them like that?

Old 10-17-2011, 09:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
my fav pic!!
I like this one too bcuz it makes the paint look really good!

Quick Reply: Playing w/ headlights, more exterior, & interior ... photos