Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Pinsriping & lettering - 2003 SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 03:14 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Pinsriping & lettering - 2003 SS

Been meanin' to get around to posting some of these ...

That is NOT some sort of a big "gash" in the bumper, etc. you see to the upper right of the plate ... Just a weird place where an angle of light got caught ... Would like to attack the "scuffs" below the plate sometime in the early spring ... Former owner was not too careful, I suppose ... There are also not as many stone chips as there appear to be ... just got a bottle of GM touch-up ... rather expensive, & had to wait forever & a day because of it being classified haz-mat, etc. Ugh.

The "stars" & Cat's *** are a running theme of my family's vehicles, toolboxes, snowmobiles, racecars, helmets, etc., for going on 40 years now ...

I love freehand artists ... To some extent, it is a lost art form. The small differences in sizes, placements, etc., that naturally comes out in their work are the intricacies I adore ... though the only thing that came out more "off" than "on" were the hood stripes. Already talked to the guy, & since I am getting ready to put the car up, & as with so many other things, I told him it is all his for an afternoon once there are a few nice days in a row forecast in the spring.

I was very disappointed I could not figure out a way to do double stripes down the sides of the car ... but the lines just do not lend themselves to it ... which was a REAL downer to me when I bought the car & was already sizing it up.

I seriously thought having approximately 6-8 inches of double silver lines start in the front & have it fade/trail off quickly ... thus ending way before it reached the front wheel wells ... then pick it up, in full, on the rear quarter & follow it back, above the fuel door, to the end of the body line.

I traced it out with a wax pencil, but I could not sell myself on it. The artist told me afterward he would have fought me tooth-&-nail the whole way to NOT do it ... The lines just do not work ... at least in my opinion ... & I have seen some folks who have gone & had it done ... I reserve my opinion, & will not voice it here, only to say I did not do it for a reason.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Woah that is some interesting stuff going on! haha I love the front license plate & the pinstriping work around the trunk bowtie is pretty sweet!

Old 10-30-2011, 05:36 PM

Thank you for the compliments. I pretty much took my ideas to the artist, & let him execute accordingly.

I ran across that front plate 15+ years ago at a Super Chevy Show here in the Syracuse, NY, USA area that I showed my El Camino at yearly. Since I am a chrome guy, it caught my eye instantly, & I had to have it. I really have never had it on a car, ... always sat up in my tool box w/ other plates I have acquired over the years ... It just seemed to match here, so I went with it.

(Sorry it took my so long to get back to you, been trying to catch up on a ton of pre-winter stuff ... including storage for the 'Carlo.)

Old 10-30-2011, 09:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

ohhh gotcha. it's all good. i haven't been on the forum that much lately bcuz i've been so busy with stuff

Old 10-30-2011, 11:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

pretty interesting. never seen a cats *** on a car before

Old 10-31-2011, 12:51 PM

Like I had said, the "stars" & Cat's *** are a running theme of my family's vehicles, toolboxes, snowmobiles, racecars, helmets, etc., for going on 40 years now ...

You will see them on my El Camino thread, too.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:53 PM

The cat anus thing really makes me chuckle

Old 11-01-2011, 08:28 PM

that is some really nice work, i was thinking of some stuff like that on my car

Old 11-01-2011, 10:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Pinstripe artists are amazing to watch. The works looks good.